DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight jitters

Slade

Reactions
Hi everyone. Well, I felt well enough post surgery to charge up my MP Battery and Controller. Activation went well. Prompt came for Upgrade but I chose Later. After moving around my backyard I was able to Calibrate Compass. Then came the IMU calibration. It kept sticking on “4.” Restarted everything and the app showed IMU calibration In Progress. Suddenly the app showed Ready to Fly. So, I took it up a few meters, enjoyed those DJI sticks and practiced Take Off and Landing. What a joy to fly. Lots of jitters. Camera Calibration went fine.
Questions: 1. Where can I find the Upgrade? 2. Of the IMU keeps staying stuck on “4” but after restart the app shows Ready to Fly (14 sats), is it safe to fly? Called DJI Tech and the guy told me to send it in. Good Grief! I just inboxed this bad boy. Advise for a new guy? Thanks.

Reactions: dirkclod
Try doing the IMU calibration indoors on a level surface. Make sure you follow the steps in the video below exactly. If the IMU calibration sticks at any point, it's likely waiting for you to reposition the Mavic.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi everyone. Well, I felt well enough post surgery to charge up my MP Battery and Controller. Activation went well. Prompt came for Upgrade but I chose Later. After moving around my backyard I was able to Calibrate Compass. Then came the IMU calibration. It kept sticking on “4.” Restarted everything and the app showed IMU calibration In Progress. Suddenly the app showed Ready to Fly. So, I took it up a few meters, enjoyed those DJI sticks and practiced Take Off and Landing. What a joy to fly. Lots of jitters. Camera Calibration went fine.
Questions: 1. Where can I find the Upgrade? 2. Of the IMU keeps staying stuck on “4” but after restart the app shows Ready to Fly (14 sats), is it safe to fly? Called DJI Tech and the guy told me to send it in. Good Grief! I just inboxed this bad boy. Advise for a new guy? Thanks.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

I eventually found that the IMU calibration steps actually show you the positioning of the drone in diagrams with which the drone needs to be placed in order to proceed with each step. I, too, thought it was stuck in "step 4". These forums are great in solving many questions. Nice venue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929