DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 First Flight up Upper Buck Creek Falls - Highlands, NC

tlswift58

Reactions
Here's my first run of the day - warming up and getting used to very flying low amongst the obstacles you will clearly see - so some jeky / awkward movements from an old guy with shaky hands. Tough fighting those small tree limbs and an overabundance of rhododendron - something NC has way too much of, esp around nice waterfalls.

There is a nice sluice area, about 10-15 feet in length near end of video I tried to capture. Light was pretty primo. Later in afternoon and very overcast.

Nice work Terry.

Up near the end I thought, "Wow someone left their shoes on the rock" then I realized they were YOU lol.

Reactions: tlswift58
Nice work Terry.

Up near the end I thought, "Wow someone left their shoes on the rock" then I realized they were YOU lol.
Precarious spot for an old guy for sure. I tried to scramble down the side of the falls and got a bit further down, but no go. A wide deep creek too far to jump and not gonna wade it.

There were 3 of us. 2 droning and 1 photographing as he'd crashed his drone a few days previous at another waterfall we did. I was flying low and my buddy was up high capturing the whole falls. Then we met up almost in same location and at almost same height. A bit scary at that moment - but I was hovering and he was coming in to land.

Reactions: BigAl07
Precarious spot for an old guy for sure. I tried to scramble down the side of the falls and got a bit further down, but no go. A wide deep creek too far to jump and not gonna wade it.

There were 3 of us. 2 droning and 1 photographing as he'd crashed his drone a few days previous at another waterfall we did. I was flying low and my buddy was up high capturing the whole falls. Then we met up almost in same location and at almost same height. A bit scary at that moment - but I was hovering and he was coming in to land.
Better to be droning than drowning! Stay safe there! (from one old guy to another).

Here's my first run of the day - warming up and getting used to very flying low amongst the obstacles you will clearly see - so some jeky / awkward movements from an old guy with shaky hands. Tough fighting those small tree limbs and an overabundance of rhododendron - something NC has way too much of, esp around nice waterfalls.

There is a nice sluice area, about 10-15 feet in length near end of video I tried to capture. Light was pretty primo. Later in afternoon and very overcast.

Amazing waterfall. Well done!

Amazing waterfall. Well done!
Thanks. My usual first runs are sometimes shaky / jittery / etc as I'm not warmed up and I usually do not fly this low esp on 1st run. After the hiking / scrambling I had done - I was pretty tired and a bit more shaky; but tried to go really slow and keep the movements as little as the obstacles allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007