DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first flight

teccer

Reactions
well I've just had my first flight with my Mini2 all went well, no difference than flying my P3P really, the only thing I noticed was on some videos I've seen with the mini2 on the screen bottom center is a mark showing an arrow letting you know if your facing the drone so you can turn yourself to face it for best signal strengh, on my tablet (samsung A 8" (2019) there's nothing bottom center, the small map bottom left does show which direction it's flying but not if your controller is facing the drone, why do I not have the info bottom center, is there something I have to set to get this?
my tablet has GPS etc.
another interesting thing I noticed was that with my P3P the most satellites I ever got here was 18 but with the mini 2 I got 24 satellites, amazing,

Last edited:
so what your saying is that since v1.2.2 onwards the center bottom compass bearing is not available, I'm running v 1.2.4
but just found that my tablet does not have compass sensors on, so will have to carry on flying my mini2 as I did with my p3p

many thanks Slup, I've just watched the video you posted and found it very instructive, so no need to worry about the compass in the center, the display bottom left is just as good.
many thanks Ray

many thanks Slup, I've just watched the video you posted and found it very instructive, so no need to worry about the compass in the center, the display bottom left is just as good.
many thanks Ray
This tablet does not have compass chip, so this indicator will not work...1614326621179.png

This tablet does not have compass chip, so this indicator will not work...View attachment 124617
I've just had a 20 minute flight and the display bottom left work 100%, showing the home point also the position of the AC, so if needed I could use the display to fly back to me at HP if I lost sight of the AC ,this is on my smasung tab A 8" (2019), no compass

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka