DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FIRST FLIGHT!

Sneak

Reactions
Man...today I took my first flight with this mini 2. First time flying a drone i was only flying in the house cause it was too cold and windy out but i was amazed how it felt.
Just how pinpoint accurate the controls are. I cant wait to take this thing outside and fly.
Is like 20 degrees too cold to go out and fly tomorrow? But yeah I was so impressed with how fun and powerful this little thing was. My battery went down to 50 percent in just like 7 minutes somehow with just kinda hovering and going up an down, side to side. That seemed a little fast to drain the battery but it had the firmware updates before that so maybe thats why. I bet I could make some money with this thing honestly what do you guys think?
Is 20 degrees too cold?

Very doubtful that the rate of battery drain is related to your updating any firmware.
For your other questions, check the search function here. TONS of reading material.
Have fun when it’s warmer!

For some reason hovering eats more battery than moving horizontally, ( aerodynamic lift? ) though flying at full speed in sports mode probably eats battery too.
There are threads discussing the most economic flying regime in here.
Also, I have the impression that the 'age of the charge' i.e. how long ago the battery was last charged, affects how quickly a battery discharges. The latter may be rubbish but it is the impression I get.
With regards to making money, look carefully into the your legislation concerning commercial flying and license requirements.

I bet I could make some money with this thing honestly what do you guys think?
Perhaps you could.
But you'd have to find clients that want to pay you for what you could do with the drone.
And since drones are so cheap easy to fly, there's no shortage of others thinking like you.
And a lot of potential clients that are doing it for themselves.

Reactions: Starz
I bet you could spend some money if you keep flying it in the house ;)

Just kidding...I fly my fairly quiet Spark in the house sometimes when I'm bored.
I bet I could make some money with this thing honestly what do you guys think?

Reactions: Sneak
Man...today I took my first flight with this mini 2. First time flying a drone i was only flying in the house cause it was too cold and windy out but i was amazed how it felt.
Just how pinpoint accurate the controls are. I cant wait to take this thing outside and fly.
Is like 20 degrees too cold to go out and fly tomorrow? But yeah I was so impressed with how fun and powerful this little thing was. My battery went down to 50 percent in just like 7 minutes somehow with just kinda hovering and going up an down, side to side. That seemed a little fast to drain the battery but it had the firmware updates before that so maybe thats why. I bet I could make some money with this thing honestly what do you guys think?
Is 20 degrees too cold?
I'm glad you didn't hit anything.
Well done .Most new flyers crash that way not recommend.
Enjoy your flying

Is 20 degrees too cold?
While waiting for the weather to settle down, consider looking through the courses offered at the Pilot Institute. There are some very good ones that are provided without a charge.

The new "Recreational Flying Made Easy" is a great one. They condense a lot of information from diverse sources into one convenient place. There's also a free course aimed specifically at flying the Mini 2.

Check with them on their free registration stickers, too.

When weather permits, find a large open area for your first flights and take it slow and reasonably close until you gain some skill and confidence. Keep reading this forum and learn from the experience of others. Best wishes and enjoy the sport!

First of all do not panic if you lose site of your drone.
I was flying look down at screen and lost site were the drone was.
Know this is scary. Look a your map then it will point you back to the drone. Know if things get scary just take hands off sticks it will hover there . There are lots of videos on YouTube great learning videos they will help start in Cinematic mode fly that way until you learn controls it helps slow things down.

Last edited:
thanks you guys. I decided to take it out today and flew it for awhile. Didnt know how to tilt the gimble at first then I figured it out. This thing is awesome.

Reactions: Clintoops
Lots of fun to be had when the weather is better...in the mean time; think about prop guards. I have been flying for quire a while now and I fly many kinds o drones, planes, boats and trucks. I can't remember the last I flew indoors without prop guards on. I can tell you that the first time you drone drifts to far and into a piece of furniture, a wall or the ceiling; you will wish it was sporting guards.

yeah your def right. I'm pretty careful but yesterday i had a close call with a tree. I thought all was good but then I yawed around and right in my vision was a big tree i was in between the branches.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO