DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight !!!

peterdre

Reactions
Hi,
I’m about to take delivery of my first drone, a Mavic PRO Platinum.
Is there anyone around lower Yorke Peninsula, South Australia, who could be present to give me some tuition during the first flights please?
Thanks

How did you go Peter ?
If weather was suitable, I expect your first flights went fine.
I just read the heck out of the manuals and watched all the relative ‘first time flight’ vids on YouTube.

No probs with the first year and a bit of ownership, think I’ve clocked up about 75km of flight distance now.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments MAvic_South_Oz.
Yes I have had the drone up about 6 times now, not travelled far from base, just getting used to it and understanding the features. Just found out the camera has a zoom function!
Cheers

Good one Peter, learning slow allows the basics to be 2nd nature before moving on to more complex flight or recording.

The zoom is usually in the little toggle button (up/down) but it will reduce quality of photos or video being (I’m pretty sure) pure digital zoom.

I figure IT’S A DRONE ! FLY CLOSER !! :) ;)

Good comments, thanks.
Yep, it’s the little button on RHS, but L for zoom in and R for zoom out (If I remember correctly !).
If you ever plan to head this way to the bottom of YP please make contact. It would be great to catchup., and there are some great cliff scenery and beach viewing possibilities.
Cheers
Peter

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Good comments, thanks.
Yep, it’s the little button on RHS, but L for zoom in and R for zoom out (If I remember correctly !).
If you ever plan to head this way to the bottom of YP please make contact. It would be great to catchup., and there are some great cliff scenery and beach viewing possibilities.
Cheers
Peter

Oh yeah you could be right about that 4 way toggle, shows how much I use those features.

Yorkes would be great to do some touring, have camped Innes many years ago, and more recently over Cape Elizabeth / Balgowan area.
I love 4WDn and it works so good with my love of the Mavic perspective.

Are you Marion Bay ?
Daughters fiancee family has a holiday home there, but we haven’t been down there as yet, so that could happen sometime into the year.

Cheers,
Les

Oh yeah you could be right about that 4 way toggle, shows how much I use those features.

Yorkes would be great to do some touring, have camped Innes many years ago, and more recently over Cape Elizabeth / Balgowan area.
I love 4WDn and it works so good with my love of the Mavic perspective.

Are you Marion Bay ?
Daughters fiancee family has a holiday home there, but we haven’t been down there as yet, so that could happen sometime into the year.

Cheers,
Les

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake