DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight

bob1393

Reactions
I thought I posted this but can't find it now. Sorry for reposting.

Today I flew my first flight on my Mavic Air. It flew great, but I would like to know some opinions on my experience today. No matter which direction I flew, when I slowed down to a hover and the drone stopped, it had a little twitch to it. Didn't bother anything but I was wondering is this normal? I thought maybe I was stopping to quickly but it still happened even when I stopped very slowly. Maybe this is normal. Perhaps there are some gain settings that I need to change, or the start/stop sequence settings need adjusting.

Last edited:
I'm sure I saw your post about the first flight, a got the twitching, was there any wind? If so, the Air could have just been adjusting / trying to hold it's position.

I'm sure I saw your post about the first flight, a got the twitching, was there any wind? If so, the Air could have just been adjusting / trying to hold it's position.

Air was very calm - no wind.

What was you altitude? Could there have been winds at your actual flight altitude?
Has the problem reoccurred in the same fashion on different days?

Hi Thomas - It was my first flight so no other experiences. It occurred at any altitude I flew - not very high for a first flight. I still think it may have something to do with start/stop parameters. I remember adjusting them per others' on line recommendations. I might try resetting them to the default settings. It doesn't seem to really be an issue except I don't like the way it looks every time I stop. Like a quick hiccup.

In advances settings there is a start/stop buffer. I have it set to 15. Does anyone know the default setting? I set it to 15 based on an on-line recommendation. What are others of you using?

Hi Thomas - It was my first flight so no other experiences. It occurred at any altitude I flew - not very high for a first flight. I still think it may have something to do with start/stop parameters. I remember adjusting them per others' on line recommendations. I might try resetting them to the default settings. It doesn't seem to really be an issue except I don't like the way it looks every time I stop. Like a quick hiccup.
Understand your concern. Please post experiences after 1 or 2 more flights. Many will be able to comment for you after that.
Returning your bird to default may be good, not to change the video, but to let you determine for yourself what is best for you. I did fly for a month or so before I started changing things and then I’d only one parameter at a time so I could Guage the effects.

In advances settings there is a start/stop buffer. I have it set to 15. Does anyone know the default setting? I set it to 15 based on an on-line recommendation. What are others of you using?
Just what I referenced above.

I think I have something to try. The stop/start setting of 15 is for the gimbal. So that is OK. However, there is a section for Sensitivity settings for attitude, brake, and yaw. the brake is set to 130% (max is 150%). I'm going to try and reduce the brake setting to see if it smooths out the stopping in the air. I'll report my findings.

I think I have something to try. The stop/start setting of 15 is for the gimbal. So that is OK. However, there is a section for Sensitivity settings for attitude, brake, and yaw. the brake is set to 130% (max is 150%). I'm going to try and reduce the brake setting to see if it smooths out the stopping in the air. I'll report my findings.
Let me know, because mine does this also.

Let me know, because mine does this also.
Hi Tom - I tried different setting for the brake in the sensitivity section of the DJI GO 4. For brake - they range from 80% to 150%. I didn't notice much dofference from 80 or 150. I set it back to 130. I called technical support and they didn't think this was abnormal. Default setting is 100 so I think I'll reset it to 100.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi Tom - I tried different setting for the brake in the sensitivity section of the DJI GO 4. For brake - they range from 80% to 150%. I didn't notice much dofference from 80 or 150. I set it back to 130. I called technical support and they didn't think this was abnormal. Default setting is 100 so I think I'll reset it to 100.
Good info! Thx

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+