DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight

Swellmel01

Reactions
Well what an experience, took drone with me to Fuerteventura but sandstorms prevented any flying.
But today we’ll 15 minutes ago UAV stated conditions good to go.
So lift off and took it up to 95 ft turned left to head across the sand dunes and away we went..all looking good and quality of picture was awesome...then flashes up remote controller lost connection...no signal..oh god my heart started pounding...I pressed RTH and nothing..oh no not on first flight..pressed several times..nothing..then pressed again and voice confirmed RTH..I waited anxiously..then from nowhere she appeared overhead and started to descend..what I relieve.
Reviewed flight footage and was amazed at picture quality for s,ugh a little drone.

Well what an experience, took drone with me to Fuerteventura but sandstorms prevented any flying.
But today we’ll 15 minutes ago UAV stated conditions good to go.
So lift off and took it up to 95 ft turned left to head across the sand dunes and away we went..all looking good and quality of picture was awesome...then flashes up remote controller lost connection...no signal..oh god my heart started pounding...I pressed RTH and nothing..oh no not on first flight..pressed several times..nothing..then pressed again and voice confirmed RTH..I waited anxiously..then from nowhere she appeared overhead and started to descend..what I relieve.
Reviewed flight footage and was amazed at picture quality for s,ugh a little drone.
Excellent, only hitting the RTH button may times mean you were toggling it on and off... patience is your friend

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Yes you are right sometimes we go back to our childhood..rush rush rush and the MM is not a toy
I can see many hours of excitement ahead tempered with caution

Reactions: pelagic_one
Short press of RTH button will cancel RTH or any other manoeuvre such as a Quick Shot, ensure correct orientation of controller and maintain Visual Line of sight. Set your RTH to a suitable height to avoid objects but not too high that you risk a blow away

Reactions: Frannmak777
Welcome to the forum! Nothing like that lost connection adrenaline rush.

If the RC lost connection, pressing RTH would have no effect. It initiated RTH on its own after losing connection. It is nice when technology works.

Welcome to the forum! Nothing like that lost connection adrenaline rush.

If the RC lost connection, pressing RTH would have no effect. It initiated RTH on its own after losing connection. It is nice when technology works.
But he reestablished connection and disabled RTH ...

Connection was reestablished automatically when the Mini came back within range of the RC. Once there is a connection to the RC he could either cancel RTH or allow it to finish.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada