DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flights

Nafnonac

Reactions
Had my first outing today with the new Mavic Pro. It is certainly different from the Phantom. More stable, more responsive and field of view from camera better in my opinion. Easy to take off and fly, precise RTH is just as described, however in most cases it thought the landing zone was too dangerous to land, flat tarmac so a bit surprised

First flight hooked up to iPad 2 mini, no issues. Very difficult to locate drone in the sky, it is very small and I lost sight of it several times

Second flight was with iPhone 6s, not so good, every time I was over 1000 feet away it would lose signal and get a blank screen. Drone still fully controllable but disconcerting. [feedback on issue appreciated, some online stuff suggesting little ribbon lightening cable provided could be st fault. New short anker lightening cable ordered.

Third flight back on iPad mini no issues. All flights were in rather windy conditions. Lots of warnings about wind and struggled to move forward into wind. However remarkable stable. The SD card that came with it filled up very quickly, that must be the 4K footage.

Batteries on charge and bigger SD card located. More flights tomorrow hopefully but for tonight some video editing I think.

In summary I love it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Had my first outing today with the new Mavic Pro. It is certainly different from the Phantom. More stable, more responsive and field of view from camera better in my opinion. Easy to take off and fly, precise RTH is just as described, however in most cases it thought the landing zone was too dangerous to land, flat tarmac so a bit surprised

First flight hooked up to iPad 2 mini, no issues. Very difficult to locate drone in the sky, it is very small and I lost sight of it several times

Second flight was with iPhone 6s, not so good, every time I was over 1000 feet away it would lose signal and get a blank screen. Drone still fully controllable but disconcerting. [feedback on issue appreciated, some online stuff suggesting little ribbon lightening cable provided could be st fault. New short anker lightening cable ordered.

Third flight back on iPad mini no issues. All flights were in rather windy conditions. Lots of warnings about wind and struggled to move forward into wind. However remarkable stable. The SD card that came with it filled up very quickly, that must be the 4K footage.

Batteries on charge and bigger SD card located. More flights tomorrow hopefully but for tonight some video editing I think.

In summary I love it.
Howdy from Wyoming Nafnonac, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Nafnonac
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

I find that my Phantom 3 Advanced is more stable than the Mavic.

Downloaded App, looks very useful, thanks for suggesting it. Not sure I would pay the subscription though, seems a bit steep.
I haven't paid yet. I may in the future but for now I am good only seeing so far ahead. I set my wind altitude to 394 ft so I have an idea of what the wind is up there.

Scott

Reactions: Nafnonac

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929