DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First impressions /questions

Eagle430

Reactions
Today I manage to activate my new Mavic 3, coming from a Mavic 2 pro it feels very different. I wanted to have a few more buttons on the controller, to be able to see the battery level of the controller as well..but these are first impressions I might get used to the new controller with time.

I was using my iPad mini 5 for flying my Mavic 2, the tablet holder I am using is not very convenient now, I want to ask what tablet mounts are you using ?

Also on the settings of the Mavic 2, I could have set a lot of things , including discharging period for the batteries, I couldn't find this on the Mavic 3 fly app anywhere

Also on the settings of the Mavic 2, I could have set a lot of things , including discharging period for the batteries, I couldn't find this on the Mavic 3 fly app anywhere
There were many features available in the DJI Go 4 app that are not in the DJI Fly app.
Setting battery discharge time is just one of them.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Today I manage to activate my new Mavic 3, coming from a Mavic 2 pro it feels very different. I wanted to have a few more buttons on the controller, to be able to see the battery level of the controller as well..but these are first impressions I might get used to the new controller with time.

I was using my iPad mini 5 for flying my Mavic 2, the tablet holder I am using is not very convenient now, I want to ask what tablet mounts are you using ?

I went through the decision and purchase of selling the Mavic 2 Pro and buying the Mavic 3. With the M2P I loveed the app so much (DJI Go4) . I also had a large full sized iPad to view.

I am now getting more used to the M3 and controller and DJI Fly app. It think the difference is that I bit the bullet an purchased the DJI Pro controller. Nice screen and controls are nicely visible. Still learning though.

I went through the decision and purchase of selling the Mavic 2 Pro and buying the Mavic 3. With the M2P I loveed the app so much (DJI Go4) . I also had a large full sized iPad to view.

I am now getting more used to the M3 and controller and DJI Fly app. It think the difference is that I bit the bullet an purchased the DJI Pro controller. Nice screen and controls are nicely visible. Still learning though.
I have had similar experience coming from GO4. I have the RCPro and even though the options for programing the buttons have been apparently expanded with the latest FW release, I would still want more. Ability to check quickly battery individual cell voltage status would be one. The 5D button options are also fairly limited at present and hopefully will be expanded to allow things like direct control over Aperture and Shutter speed etc and pressing it could show the battery status. The wheels could have focusing function in MF. Hope DJI will introduce many more user programable options for this controller in the near future.

The controller battery is a beast and can easily go many days sometimes a week if you only fly an hour a day... You do know just pressing the power button on the controller one time will show you the battery level? Im sure you do.

I used a couple rubber bands wrapped behind the antenna bar and then stretched around the corners of my tablet-sized Galaxy z Fold 3 until I dove in and purchased the Tripltec 8 pro and a cheap 3d printed adapter from them. Works awesome.

The controller battery is a beast and can easily go many days sometimes a week if you only fly an hour a day... You do know just pressing the power button on the controller one time will show you the battery level? Im sure you do.

I used a couple rubber bands wrapped behind the antenna bar and then stretched around the corners of my tablet-sized Galaxy z Fold 3 until I dove in and purchased the Tripltec 8 pro and a cheap 3d printed adapter from them. Works awesome.
"including discharging period for the batteries"
He was referring to the auto discharge time setting in the GO 4 app for the drone batteries that is missing in the Fly app. No more user control over it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett