DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First "long" distance flight

mryeje

Reactions
This was my first flight that I sent the Mavic pro over some trees and trusted the RTH. Very happy but it limited me to 500m. The video isnt shot in cinematic mode so its jerky. It has a dji LUT applied from Davinci resolve.
The footage is Truro Nova Scotia, Canada

Reactions: Bunny Too
This was my first flight that I sent the Mavic pro over some trees and trusted the RTH. Very happy but it limited me to 500m. The video isnt shot in cinematic mode so its jerky. It has a dji LUT applied from Davinci resolve.
The footage is Truro Nova Scotia, Canada
Nice video mryeje.

Some really nice shots in there but also a lot of "fluff".. I would edit out all the "looking around" and setting up shots and leave in only static shots or those with smooth movement. Plus I would dial down the LUT, it looks oversaturated and over-contrasted to me.

That's what I would do.. so take it as that ;)

Some really nice shots in there but also a lot of "fluff".. I would edit out all the "looking around" and setting up shots and leave in only static shots or those with smooth movement. Plus I would dial down the LUT, it looks oversaturated and over-contrasted to me.

That's what I would do.. so take it as that ;)
Thanks for the feed back. I was just trying out the LUT to be honest. My monitor isnt the best for color grading, everything looks under saturated, so its good to know the difference for next time.

why were you limited to 500M again? I couldn't watch the video so I assume you mean range, not elevation.

why were you limited to 500M again? I couldn't watch the video so I assume you mean range, not elevation.
Sorry, it said I was limited in range to 500m. It said i could change this in the settings, I just haven't yet.

I'm an idiot, I didnt even notice that you had to select your model in the APP, By default its set to the spark.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580