DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Mavic Pro Flights - impressions

Skyler King III

Reactions
I am AMAZED. My Mavic arrived 2 days ago. No problems at ALL, no requirement for calibration or firmware. Everything connected flawlessly.

First evening I set up all settings and checked it out carefully before powering it up.

Then flew cautiously in tripod mode in my house. (I do a lot of interior drone photography). No problems.

Today took it out for its 1st outdoor flight. Flew at 400' to where with my Phantom and Phantom 4 Professional +, I usually lose video and "reception". About 1750 feet away, lots of things in the way. I was shocked to see that the Mavic went more than a mile away under those same conditions before I lost some video but no controller/reception. I was so shocked that I'll take my P4P+ out again to see if I'm mistaken or confusing it with performance of my P4.

Solid controller signals to 5,880 feet when I decided not to press my luck and sent it home.

Overall, the Mavic's stability in hover and gentle movements when required seems better than my P4P+ but I will check that out again.

I did have 8 to 10 MPH winds at ground level, gusty, and it was rock solid.

Winds at 400' were about 20 mph, which is more than I would chose to fly in.

I AM VERY IMPRESSED with "Junior" as I call him/her.

Reactions: RickL
Awesome! Mavic is my first. Worried to let it get 40 ft off ground!!! But will work on that this weekend!!

Reactions: WAXMAN
Have had 12 flights so far. Out past 3/4 mile. All signals good at just over 100' altitude. Love my little Mavic.

There is no way I would fly in 20mph winds with the Mavic, mine limped home in 16mph winds.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60