DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First night flight - two warnings/errors?

Lightsped

Reactions
Taking off at night for the first time. My driveway (which is almost always the start point) is used. Wanted to go up a couple hundred feet to view in-cloud lightning about 20 or 30 miles away. Everything is setup and good to go. No wind. Antennas are pointed in the correct direction.

Halfway through the four minute flight I get two warnings/error messages in yellow text. I am standing in the exact same spot I always do and took off from the same spot in the driveway as always. Warnings/errors listed below. Both in yellow on the RC.

-Strong Interference to remote controller.
-Weak signal. Adjust antennas.

Besides the two messages above, the flight was uneventful. No loss of signal or anything like that. Just curious why I got those two messages when I was starting in the same spot, just went up to 200-300 feet. Didn't leave eye sight. Antennas were in the same position as always.

Any ideas?

In cloud lightning? Perhaps there were clouds around your site that were charged also but not discharging.... just a thought

If this happens again, try landing and then power cycle everything. Worth a shot...

Pretty clear night at the launch site. Cloud lightening was probably 20 to 30 miles away.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus