DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 First Promo Video for a Condo (input appreciated)

this older folk enjoyed your video , a nice place to retire, thank you for sharing

Nice. How did you create the drop-down features list at the end? Titling was really professional throughout.

Looks great! I might have added a shot coming in from the ocean revealing the beach club and maybe a super high shot showing the surrounding area. Just thoughts.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
This video is designed with older folks in mind, so you won't see too many 5 second clips or crazy transitions.

Nice! You have lots of good shots in there! I’m doing a somewhat similar project right now

My constructive criticism, just to be clear @itsneedtokno I hold you to a higher standard then I do for most people because you’ve got so much going for you already.

For my low shoots I am hyper aware of the position of the sun. I ideally want the sun low behind me so I can get the subject front lit. It looks like most of your shots you are shooting into the sun at mid day to mid afternoon which is why it some shots look a little crunchy. Try shooting in the morning when the sun is on the other side and closer to sunrise and later in the day if shooting the other way to get the best light.

While the sun generally rises in the east and sets in the west it comes from Northeast or Southwest depending on the time of the year so even if the subject is pointed north or south there are times of the day when the sun is “more” north or “more” south so you can get as much of that luscious front lit sun as you can get. Get an app that tells you where and when the sun will be. I use SunSurveyor Lite on iOS and it’s a game changer for figure out when to be at a shoot. Your second shot is front lit and that’s why it looks so much better than the first one.

This 8C91E9E1-9B03-4206-A099-53344B1CE658.png
Vs This
457CF2E2-F78F-41BD-862C-BAEA51286DCB.png
I can tell by which way the shadows are facing.

I think the speed ramp should be used sparingly but one place you use it well is in the clip of the club house at the end. I would have sped up the transition several times faster though and this took me a long time to figure out. You don’t want the sped up portion to last very long at all and this can seem counter intuitive but you want that speed transition to be really quick so there’s not enough time to focus on it and it will seem smoother.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest