DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First recorded Mavic v Mavic aerial combat?

Cymru

Reactions
Interesting Ukraine war video on Telegram:

It won't embed here but a 16 second video taken from a Ukrainian Mavic that spots a Russian Mavic and then proceeds to close with it and eventually knock it out of the sky by taking the props off.

"Now it's not the First World War, but aerial duels of aces still happen"

Serhii Prytula showed "a video from the Donetsk region of our Mavik drone, which we handed over to one of the divisions of the Russian Defense Forces, going on a rampage and skilfully cutting down the Russian drone."

"Chess and checkmate, only the propellers flew apart! I've watched it 20 times already, and every time I'm happy. I can imagine the expression on the face of the Russian operator," Prytula said.

(Completely safe for work link)

thats cool i had a hawk attack take me from behind like that but we rolled 360 and i restarted the motors it let go but that had to disturb the other pilot nothing to do but go down with out knowing what hit it
lol

Without static points of reference, everything is relative. Looked to me like the target drone was under way. Not pitched forward much, but definitely moving.

Just my view on it looking at the ground infrastructure (yes, it is a long way down !), and the way the other drone maneuvers towards the filming drone.
When the gimbal of the filming drone is moved lower it also gives me the impression that this drone is not moving.
The other drone is moving very fast. no doubt !! 😬

So do the pilots mark the kills with an icon of a dead drone on the fuselage like the fighter pilots have done in the past with their birds. :D

Interesting Ukraine war video on Telegram:

It won't embed here but a 16 second video taken from a Ukrainian Mavic that spots a Russian Mavic and then proceeds to close with it and eventually knock it out of the sky by taking the props off.

(Completely safe for work link)
But where is the link for the video please?

I can find lots of better ways to throw away $2500.
Like the Viper Room at a strip club, maybe? Now, THATS how you throw away money....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa