DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First shots with my new Mavic Air

Gr8fulTed

Reactions
I am not an experienced drone pilot. I got a Phantom 3 SE in November and because of winter weather only really got to use it about 10 or so flights. I recently sold it and got a Mavic Air, and the video below is from my 2nd flight with it. I still have lots to learn regarding smooth controlling and editing, but wanted to post this and subsequent videos so I can observe improvements, if any, as I go along.

Last edited:
nice video, pity about the tyre tube, try changing the yaw sensitivity to 50 or less for smoother horizontal panning, you can also slow down the gimbal vertical movement via the gimbal pitch speed setting, I use about 10.

Also about 2.30 minutes is the sweetspot for video length

nice video, pity about the tyre tube, try changing the yaw sensitivity to 50 or less for smoother horizontal panning, you can also slow down the gimbal vertical movement via the gimbal pitch speed setting, I use about 10.

Also about 2.30 minutes is the sweetspot for video length

Wait! There's a time limit on video? I guess I missed that memo. Who wrote it?

Wait! There's a time limit on video? I guess I missed that memo.
There is no time limit on videos. You can record up to that moment when your SD card is full.

I think he means an edited video. As people tend to switch off if any longer than 2.30 mins

Wait! There's a time limit on video? I guess I missed that memo. Who wrote it?

No it's not a limit, but more so the attention span of the viewer that the issue LOL

Yes, its the world we live in today. Short sweet clips with subjects of interest and jump cuts seems to be the norm. You got the interesting subject right. :) Mentally plan a list of shots that you want to capture and think about how to maximize those shots with the amount of battery life that you have.

For instance. If you take a clip flying up and away. Well you actually just took two clips as the clip can be reversed simply in post editing and then it becomes a fly in towards you. If you fly a horizontal path with a yaw towards the point of interest from left to right - same idea reversing it creates the same shot from right to left. Try and hang in a hover at the end of the planned clip and then terminate the clip. Fly to new location and so forth.

Reactions: Gr8fulTed and OOO
Yes, its the world we live in today. Short sweet clips with subjects of interest and jump cuts seems to be the norm. You got the interesting subject right. :) Mentally plan a list of shots that you want to capture and think about how to maximize those shots with the amount of battery life that you have.

For instance. If you take a clip flying up and away. Well you actually just took two clips as the clip can be reversed simply in post editing and then it becomes a fly in towards you. If you fly a horizontal path with a yaw towards the point of interest from left to right - same idea reversing it creates the same shot from right to left. Try and hang in a hover at the end of the planned clip and then terminate the clip. Fly to new location and so forth.

These very worthy tips for this noob, and they are warmly received. Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada