DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First test shots from the Mavic

Andy

Reactions
Just thought I would share some test photos from the Mavic after the first couple of flights, I'm seriously impressed with the quality considering it's size!
DJI_0029.jpg DJI_0033.jpg DJI_0035.jpg DJI_0047.jpg DJI_0057.jpg DJI_0072.jpg night3.jpg

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Very nice! I really like the path shot, but it looks like it could be duplicated by a handheld. Still pretty.

Very nice! I really like the path shot, but it looks like it could be duplicated by a handheld. Still pretty.
Yeah I see what you mean.... I was testing out obstacle avoidance in between the trees. I wouldn't normally fly this low but this thing is so steady!

Yeah I see what you mean.... I was testing out obstacle avoidance in between the trees. I wouldn't normally fly this low but this thing is so steady!
Do you have the Dng-files of these images. I'm very curious about the 'raw' quality of the 'Path image' in the woods. It now has somewhat a paintery look.
Nice dog by the way.:)

Do you have the Dng-files of these images. I'm very curious about the 'raw' quality of the 'Path image' in the woods. It now has somewhat a paintery look.
Nice dog by the way.:)
I haven't got the dng file at the moment as the memory card is still in the bird and I didn't save the dng directly to the pc. I could get it tomorrow though, basically I ran it through photoshop and adjusted the levels slightly with a slight photo tint.

I took some footage aswell at the time (excuse the mad woman) and this also includes active track if you're interested.

I haven't got the dng file at the moment as the memory card is still in the bird and I didn't save the dng directly to the pc. I could get it tomorrow though, basically I ran it through photoshop and adjusted the levels slightly with a slight photo tint.

I took some footage aswell at the time (excuse the mad woman) and this also includes active track if you're interested.

Wow really nice footage.. loved the forest .. so nostalgic and dreamy ... very nice.. the pics above are very nice too !!! Look forward to some more shots.. What did you record in ? Dlog , Art , ?

Reactions: Andy
Great shots. Love seeing the still photos.

I plan on using mine more for stills than video.

Wow really nice footage.. loved the forest .. so nostalgic and dreamy ... very nice.. the pics above are very nice too !!! Look forward to some more shots.. What did you record in ? Dlog , Art , ?
Thanks, I changed it to art but kept everything else set to default. I just need to find some interesting places to film now!

hey Andy great shots. just question;you said you shot in art
but 4k or 2.7 ??'
Cheers mate, yes it was 2.7k at the highest frame rate (think its 30) as my laptop tends not to like the processing power required for 4k.

DJI_0014.JPG DJI_0016.JPG DJI_0015.JPG DJI_0007.JPG DJI_0004.JPG DJI_0011.JPG Mine aren't so pretty - I just took the Mavic out for the first time today and got some pictures over the Oxfordshire countryside, plus our 'new' Village Hall which is being built. Interesting thing I tried was a 'Portrait' picture of the hall, then a 'standard' (no zoom) picture and a 2 x 'zoom' picture. I know it's digital but the result is interesting - not too bad - although I may have forgotten to 'focus' on one of the hall. Had to land after just short while as cold and battery only lasted about 22 minutes, was not willing to 'push it' too much on first flight.

Camera set to 'None', no adjustments, no colour correction, exposure turned up to +0.3. Very cold and frosty - only about 2C at ground level.

(p.s.) I'm going to try 'Art' after seeing your pictures - very nice effect on them.

View attachment 1705 View attachment 1706 View attachment 1707 View attachment 1708 View attachment 1709 View attachment 1710 Mine aren't so pretty - I just took the Mavic out for the first time today and got some pictures over the Oxfordshire countryside, plus our 'new' Village Hall which is being built. Interesting thing I tried was a 'Portrait' picture of the hall, then a 'standard' (no zoom) picture and a 2 x 'zoom' picture. I know it's digital but the result is interesting - not too bad - although I may have forgotten to 'focus' on one of the hall. Had to land after just short while as cold and battery only lasted about 22 minutes, was not willing to 'push it' too much on first flight.

Camera set to 'None', no adjustments, no colour correction, exposure turned up to +0.3. Very cold and frosty - only about 2C at ground level.

(p.s.) I'm going to try 'Art' after seeing your pictures - very nice effect on them.
Nice pics Mike! The clarity is great imo for such a small camera. I was using a gopro hero 4 black on my homebuilt rig before the Mavic and the Mavic cam beats it hands down.
Can't wait to get more pics on this thing.
Just to let you know, I used gopro studio to edit the Mavic video and applied a 1970's preset filter with the saturation increased slightly.

I know that there's better editing programs out there but it was something I'm used to using and works great with Mavic footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580