DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time for everything...

realvue

Reactions
TOTALLY just crashed my MA2. Broke two of the arms and the camera gimbal. I suppose now would be a bad time to ask if POV disables the anti-collision sensors.

Because I am pretty sure it does. Dang skippy, this sucks. Glad I bought the insurance.

Anyone know how long it takes them to turn something like this around? I am so annoyed with myself right now. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

I'm going to document the process here... stop me if anyone else has done this.

DJI Tech Support is, of course, closed on weekends. Submitted a help request via email 13 Mar 14:11

@ sorry for your loss ,its all part of the learning process ,mistakes do happen ,with the current climate in the world ,it would be difficult to put a reliable time scale on the turnaround time

Reactions: pelagic_one
I suppose now would be a bad time to ask if POV disables the anti-collision sensors.
In orbiting a POV subject, the drone is flying sideways.
Forward facing sensors don't provide any protection if the drone is flying sideways.
Anyone know how long it takes them to turn something like this around?
DJI usually just replace with the drone rather than taking the time to repair a damaged one.

TOTALLY just crashed my MA2. Broke two of the arms and the camera gimbal. I suppose now would be a bad time to ask if POV disables the anti-collision sensors.

Because I am pretty sure it does. Dang skippy, this sucks. Glad I bought the insurance.

Anyone know how long it takes them to turn something like this around? I am so annoyed with myself right now. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.
When a tree grabbed and then dropped my MPP the process took another 8 days to get a new drone to me.

Club member recently made a claim ( even though flying is banned here
in the UK at the moment) Took two weeks to get it back, his was fixed
not replaced.

Hello Jeff:

Sorry to hear about your crash! I don’t have any experience with DJI Refresh claims, but looking over this link they mention the “Express Option” (scroll down to the 4th screen). I think you choose it at the time of making your claim and I think there is an additional expense, but it might speed up your turnaround, especially in a situation where you know it won’t be covered by the warranty as it was a crash.

Good Luck!

Howard

Club member recently made a claim ( even though flying is banned here
in the UK at the moment) Took two weeks to get it back, his was fixed
not replaced.
Flying is banned in UK? Why and how does that help with COVID? If you step out into your backyard and fly, how’s COVID going to spread?

Reactions: rapberry and A.O.
@Dbez1 ,with regards to @Gary R s post ,i think what he meant to say that traveling to fly somewhere is not allowed right now ,and with regards to flying from our gardens ,in the UK that would only be possible if you were using a sub 250g drone such as the Mini and you would still have to fly it at 50m or above over peoples houses that lived around you ,not such an issue if you lived in the countryside away from other people

@Dbez1 ,with regards to @Gary R s post ,i think what he meant to say that traveling to fly somewhere is not allowed right now ,and with regards to flying from our gardens ,in the UK that would only be possible if you were using a sub 250g drone such as the Mini and you would still have to fly it at 50m or above over peoples houses that lived around you ,not such an issue if you lived in the countryside away from other people
Thanks Tony

Reactions: old man mavic
Sorry for your loss. Patience helps while waiting for repair. It's pretty fast but I'm sure you'll wear out the the support page looking to see if your drone has shipped. I ended up with two Sparks cuz I I couldn't be without a drone. Of course I'd lived 70 some odd years without one but that's besides the point.

Looks like there are 2 Gary R on the forum.
I'm the Gary R and am in SEA (Malaysia). The Gary.r that posted appears to be in the UK.

Well I said I would document my experience. So here's an update. No one knew anything about the email I submitted via their system to begin a claim from this weekend. SO... today being monday, when they are open, I have started a new ticket. I have now paid my $69 fee for a replacement, and I have a case number. Their tech support agent said it can take 2-3 days for their shipping label to arrive. They are trying to expedite the label today. Unfortunately I really won't be able to ship it until Wednesday.

Got the label late yesterday. Now it’s just a matter of getting to the UPS store. Hopefully tomorrow. (About a 45 min drive) everything is packed up and ready to roll out of here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69