DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Time Over A Golf Course

desertvet38

Reactions
This was my first time flying my DJI Mavic 2 Pro over any golf course, so it might seem a bit lame, and just plain blah...but give me time, and let me get used to the golf course and I'll put out something really cool pretty soon. This was at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club in Riverview, FL. It closed at 6:00pm, so I went there around 6:45pm thinking the parking lot was going to be empty, and everyone was going to be off the course. Not! There was still a few people finishing up their game! I stayed well clear of them to not interrupt them and be a nuisance. Anyways, enjoy, and keep the comments and constructive criticism clean, please. Thanks, and God bless! ?✝️

Last edited:
This was my first time flying my DJI Mavic 2 Pro over any golf course, so it might seem a bit lame, and just plain blah...but give me time, and let me get used to the golf course and I'll put out something really cool pretty soon. This was at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club in Riverview, FL. It closed at 6:00pm, so I went there around 6:45pm thinking the parking lot was going to be empty, and everyone was going to be off the course. Not! There was still a few people finishing up their game! I stayed well clear of them to not interrupt them and be a nuisance. Anyways, enjoy, and keep the comments and constructive criticism clean, please. Thanks, and God bless! ?✝
This was my first time flying my DJI Mavic 2 Pro over any golf course, so it might seem a bit lame, and just plain blah...but give me time, and let me get used to the golf course and I'll put out something really cool pretty soon. This was at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club in Riverview, FL. It closed at 6:00pm, so I went there around 6:45pm thinking the parking lot was going to be empty, and everyone was going to be off the course. Not! There was still a few people finishing up their game! I stayed well clear of them to not interrupt them and be a nuisance. Anyways, enjoy, and keep the comments and constructive criticism clean, please. Thanks, and God bless! ?✝

Have to say that--after three or four years flying and doodling around with these things--this forum is one of the best things I've seen. I love that you can present here, get critiques and learn.

DesertVet, I thought this was very cool for a first M2P flight, and I'll look forward to more. My one thought--and I am still learning about all this--was the length of the shots. I suspect you were thinking about that as well, given the number of speed ramps in the video. Someone once mentioned 5 seconds per shot: I truly suck at that as I think "this shot" is sooooo cool, and I want everyone to enjoy it as much as I do--but it doesn't always work that way. Nice use a couple of times of multi-axis motion.

Thank you again for the serene way to start the day.

Reactions: desertvet38
Enjoyed your video. Your skills are evident exceeding mine, but as a golfer I would offer one observation. Some scenes started at the green/ flag and then moved about aimlessly. Golf is played from tee to green, as you know, so I would stick with that sequence and hopefully you can find detours over water features and other diversions in between ... just like actual golfers ...

Enjoyed your video. Your skills are evident exceeding mine, but as a golfer I would offer one observation. Some scenes started at the green/ flag and then moved about aimlessly. Golf is played from tee to green, as you know, so I would stick with that sequence and hopefully you can find detours over water features and other diversions in between ... just like actual golfers ...
Advice taken...and thank you! ??

Enjoyed that desertvet38!
Good day for golf...great day for flying. Nothing "lame" about it from where I sit. Looking forward to you gaining the experience you seek and the productions forthcoming. Not a golfer myself...the last time I played, I only hit two balls...trod on a club! Stay safe.
Thanks mate from Down Under

This was my first time flying my DJI Mavic 2 Pro over any golf course, so it might seem a bit lame, and just plain blah...but give me time, and let me get used to the golf course and I'll put out something really cool pretty soon. This was at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club in Riverview, FL. It closed at 6:00pm, so I went there around 6:45pm thinking the parking lot was going to be empty, and everyone was going to be off the course. Not! There was still a few people finishing up their game! I stayed well clear of them to not interrupt them and be a nuisance. Anyways, enjoy, and keep the comments and constructive criticism clean, please. Thanks, and God bless! ?✝️

I would like to start to figure out how to produce videos with editing, speeding up at times like that. I have the Mavic Air, and it isn’t intuitive how to even take a 360 degree photo.

I had another question which might be helpful to any of us newbies: can you please tell us what your specs were? I also was struck by how smooth the video was, whereas one I put together this week seems really choppy.

Whaddja use.....?

I'm surprised you found any golf course that was still open! Most have been closed as non-essential services, and in violation of STAY HOME, and contibuting to the spread of COVID-19. Wish mine was still open. :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent