DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 First time using manual exposure settings and ND filters

Reactions
I used an ND filter on my Mini 2 for the first time. I have never used anything but auto settings until now. It took a bit of messing about. Apparently the ND filter for a bright summer day with partial clouds is an ND 32. I figured that out by trial and error. 4K30fps, 1/60s, ISO 100.

I used an ND filter on my Mini 2 for the first time. I have never used anything but auto settings until now. It took a bit of messing about. Apparently the ND filter for a bright summer day with partial clouds is an ND 32. I figured that out by trial and error. 4K30fps, 1/60s, ISO 100.
I liked the video. At the beginning, the waters were very dark. The dynamic range between water and road exposure is great. Perhaps could have opened it up a bit to show some water details.

As long as I have you....I just returned my Freewell ND filters. I spent several hours trying to attach them to my new Mini 2 without success. They would simply not stay on despite watching the video a hundred time. They especially came off if I rotated the gimbal up, or placed or removed the gimbal cover. Amazon is funding me my $. What ND filter did you use for this?

Dale

Nicely done! Great area. I've been looking at getting some ND filters. Still flying on auto. I've only adjusted the EC so far.

Reactions: HobbyistJohn Mckay
I liked the video. At the beginning, the waters were very dark. The dynamic range between water and road exposure is great. Perhaps could have opened it up a bit to show some water details.

As long as I have you....I just returned my Freewell ND filters. I spent several hours trying to attach them to my new Mini 2 without success. They would simply not stay on despite watching the video a hundred time. They especially came off if I rotated the gimbal up, or placed or removed the gimbal cover. Amazon is funding me my $. What ND filter did you use for this?

Dale
I am using Skyreat Filters that I bought from Amazon. They seem to stay on.

Thanks for the observation on the water. I struggled with that and will experiment next time with maybe raising mid tones to try and get more detail. It's a lot harder than I thought.

I'll post the other video I did on the same day in an area with a little narrower dynamic range. Same issues but not as extreme.

Thanks for the comments.

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada