DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First timer in Omaha

Mavic_Ward

Reactions
Greetings all. New Mavic owner here. New drone flyer, period. I took my first (outside) flights today and WHAT A RUSH! A little bit scared of losing it, a little bit scared of crashing it, but after that first battery pack was worn out and the RTH button worked like a charm, I was hooked. So much fun ahead of me!

I started studying for my Part 107 test a week ago. I need to use this for commercial work. And apparently, it would seem that I need a new computer. Mine won't process the 4K files I recorded today. The computer is just too old and doesn't have the horsepower. I'm currently converting all of my 4K files from today to 1080p via Handbrake just to take a look at them, edit and upload.

Anyway, thanks. I look forward to learning and sharing in the future.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

I just took the 107 test two days ago. I thought that some of the required knowledge was overkill. I think the test in part was taken directly from the private pilot exam and, as a result, was not really needed. For example, you have to know the "adiabatic lapse rate" for temperature changes with altitude. Since we technically can only change altitude between 0 and 400 above ground, this is meaningless. You also need to know the four different types of fog and which one is the most turbulent. Can't fly in fog anyway so why is this on the test?

I decided to pay for an online ground school. Well worth the price and passed with flying colors.

I'm new also. Just joined this forum and it seems like a great one. Welcome!

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum MW. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair