DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First try at Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) with my MA2

OnlyMavic

Reactions
I grabbed this shot tonight with my Mavic Air 2 while parked at 391' above my local park. Local time was about 9PM. A total of eight bracketed 8-second exposures, stacked and processed in Photoshop. With this camera, it's a lot of sky and not much comet, but I pulled as much out as I could. Might try again tomorrow night.

Attachments

• DJI_0169.jpg
    DJI_0169.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 119
I grabbed this shot tonight with my Mavic Air 2 while parked at 391' above my local park. Local time was about 9PM. A total of eight bracketed 8-second exposures, stacked and processed in Photoshop. With this camera, it's a lot of sky and not much comet, but I pulled as much out as I could. Might try again tomorrow night.
Good job. I tried and failed. Question. I just could not see stars with the naked or or the drone. On another note, what focus setting did you use. I left mine on AFC but I'm thinking tomorrow I'll do a manual focus set to infinity. Your thoughts?

Reactions: OnlyMavic
Nice! I'm planning on getting on my roof tonight with my SLR to try to capture it...not going to wait another 6,800 years :) I'm north of Austin, so should be a clear evening.

...what focus setting did you use.

You know what? I haven't even bothered to investigate what kinds of (if any) focus options I have on this thing. For last night, I just relied on whatever kind of auto-focusing is enabled by default. If the MA2 gives me some focus options, I'll have to learn about them, and practice using them. A quick search through the User Manual does not reveal anything regarding focus modes.

You know what? I haven't even bothered to investigate what kinds of (if any) focus options I have on this thing. For last night, I just relied on whatever kind of auto-focusing is enabled by default. If the MA2 gives me some focus options, I'll have to learn about them, and practice using them. A quick search through the User Manual does not reveal anything regarding focus modes.
The MA2 I believe is a fixed focus/fixed aperture camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom