DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Video - Peregrine Loop Queenstown New Zealand

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
I had no idea starting from scratch what would be involved in creating my first ever drone video the list ended up being something like this...

• Research a drone
  • Buy a drone (Mavic Mini)
  • Spend hours browsing forums about all things Mavic Mini
  • Learn to fly your drone
  • Learn about firmware updates
  • Learn about limitations of your drone and how not to crash it
  • Learn about airspace and agl and vlos and where and how you can fly your drone
  • Log you planned flight and phone your local air traffic control to gain permission (controlled airspace)
  • Learn how to take aerial footage
  • Find a video editor (Davinci Resolve)
  • Learn how to use it (this can be quite a learning curve!)
  • Learn all about Youtube

...and then after all that.....you can post your video! Has been quite the journey but so interesting and rewarding.

Here's my first effort, a quick video of a loop in the Kawarau River near Queenstown in New Zealand.

I hope you enjoy!

Well done. Super video. Very professional.......

Greetings from the UK...

For a first effort, that's really great! Nice composition and great showcasing of your subject ... well done.

Yes, video editing takes a long time, but it is very rewarding when you can share your work with others.
Beautiful work. I really enjoyed it. I would shorten some scenes, but other than that I think you did a great job.
Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Bussty and Dbez1
Very nice video. I have hiked around that river a few years ago. Great subject!

Reactions: Bussty
great video , well edited ( I use DaVinci too) .... stunning location..

Reactions: Bussty
Well done mate...amazed at the clarity of the mini. Your subject was interesting and you should be proud of this production. I haven't yet published anything and admire your discipline and attention to detail to get there. Keep up the good work and keep them coming. Cheers from Down Under ( I guess you are Down under and just Over LOL)

I had no idea starting from scratch what would be involved in creating my first ever drone video the list ended up being something like this...

• Research a drone
  • Buy a drone (Mavic Mini)
  • Spend hours browsing forums about all things Mavic Mini
  • Learn to fly your drone
  • Learn about firmware updates
  • Learn about limitations of your drone and how not to crash it
  • Learn about airspace and agl and vlos and where and how you can fly your drone
  • Log you planned flight and phone your local air traffic control to gain permission (controlled airspace)
  • Learn how to take aerial footage
  • Find a video editor (Davinci Resolve)
  • Learn how to use it (this can be quite a learning curve!)
  • Learn all about Youtube

...and then after all that.....you can post your video! Has been quite the journey but so interesting and rewarding.

Here's my first effort, a quick video of a loop in the Kawarau River near Queenstown in New Zealand.

I hope you enjoy!

Beautiful footage- you are lucky to live there! Two comments; (1) opening segment reveal from down to upriver- I wish you had continued filming a few more seconds to do the complete reveal. (1) See attached photo- would it have been hard to get to this spot for some nice rainbow trout fly fishingScreen Shot 2020-02-06 at 6.45.17 PM.png???

I'm very excited about my 1st ever flight tomorrow after going thru almost as much prep as u did (fortunately I've been doing post production for many years so don't need to learn that part).
Question... did you shoot this in 1080 or did u shoot in 2.7K and downscale?
Like others mentioned I think it's very well done!

I'm very excited about my 1st ever flight tomorrow after going thru almost as much prep as u did (fortunately I've been doing post production for many years so don't need to learn that part).
Question... did you shoot this in 1080 or did u shoot in 2.7K and downscale?
Like others mentioned I think it's very well done!
Thanks so much! Shot in 2.7K 30 fps and scaled down to 1080 (I think I said that right!) Cheers Oh and hope your flight went well!???

Well done mate...amazed at the clarity of the mini. Your subject was interesting and you should be proud of this production. I haven't yet published anything and admire your discipline and attention to detail to get there. Keep up the good work and keep them coming. Cheers from Down Under ( I guess you are Down under and just Over LOL)
Lol my Aussie neighbour :) Thank you for your comments very encouraging. Hope the bushfires settling down over there the numbers of days we have had smoke here in Queenstown has been incredible. A few shots on this page showing just how much Smoke in Queenstown

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom