DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First week with the Mavic

Jengle

Reactions
Just finished up my first week with the Mavic. Had a storm to wait out - we had high winds and rain in South Central Florida for a couple of the days - but otherwise I was able to get some stick time.

I had purchased a Syma drone for $50 and practiced crashing that prior to getting the Mavic ;).

I purchased the Fly-Less drone from NewEgg once their availability was better than Amazon. Purchased 2 additional batteries and the DJI mobile charger and additional propellers also from NewEgg.

From Amazon I purchased the FSLabs 5-way charger that will charge all three of my batteries at the same time - works like a champ! I also got the FSI leg extenders in case I don't have my landing pad (cut from a shop cushion to stand on in front of a workbench) and 2 64 Gb memory cards.

From PolarPro I got the Cinema Series ND filters (non-polarized), and the PolarPro Mavic case. The ND 16 and ND 32 filters have been working great. They cause no gimble errors and using the pads of my fingers slide on and off the camera fine. The PolarPro case is also very good. A little on the expensive side but well made. The ND8 filter was cracked, and PolarPro is quickly sending a replacement. Great people to work with.

I have a camera sling-bag that I use in the field - works great on a bicycle. For airplane and other traveling the PolarPro case will protect the Mavic, batteries and controller.

I already upgraded my Samsung phone to the S7 Active and got a Tab-E. Both work fine. The S7 Active is a little tight because of the built-in case, but it fits. Can not get my old S5 to work (thought it may be a back-up).

I am waiting for a tablet holder from Etsy along with the Warthog decals.

So far, I'm happy with the equipment I selected to start up flying the Mavic. And the Mavic? WOW! What a blast.

Some great scenes for your first week and you're lucky to be an an area with perfect open space to test it out. Watch out for those gators!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun