DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First work using Adobe Premiere and drone video

Take a look at my video and let me know what you think

A little dark at times but I notice this with my videos as well. I always have to remember to open the aperture a little more than what is needed on the screen.(or the F stop). Great job. How do you like working with Adobe?

A little dark at times but I notice this with my videos as well. I always have to remember to open the aperture a little more than what is needed on the screen.(or the F stop). Great job. How do you like working with Adobe?
Thanks for the feedback. I'm a still photographer by trade and video is a whole new arena. Adobe Premiere is a bit challenging and I haven't really gotten into all that it is capable of doing. Also I'm editing on a laptop so at times it gets choppy.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a still photographer by trade and video is a whole new arena. Adobe Premiere is a bit challenging and I haven't really gotten into all that it is capable of doing. Also I'm editing on a laptop so at times it gets choppy.
Check into using proxy files for your editing if things get too choppy for you to work with

Reactions: cfarnold62
Check into using proxy files for your editing if things get too choppy for you to work with
Thanks. I've started working with proxies, and it takes a long time to create those files. Once they are created does Premiere automatically point to those files for viewing or do I have to set it up to point to those files.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
It looks like your project is set up for a 4 x 3 aspect ratio (or you are doing it in the render settings) while your video is 16 x 9. This is causing the black space all around the video in the playback. Before starting a video make sure your settings for the timeline match the video you are editing in terms of size and aspect ratio and when rendering be sure to match all settings also and you should be good to go. Premiere has a steep learning curve but for a first video it looks pretty good.

Thanks. I've started working with proxies, and it takes a long time to create those files. Once they are created does Premiere automatically point to those files for viewing or do I have to set it up to point to those files.
In Resolve there is a checkbox on by default to use them. Don't recall about Premiere at the moment. Google time.

When you create proxies it plays back the exact same as original files.

It uses the proxies to render the clip for your edit (I use h.264 low and it still looks amazing at full res and plays flawlessly). Sometimes after I've started adding effects I have to step it down to 1/2 or 1/4.

Media encoder does all the work. Just make sure to close it when it is finished. It EATS RAM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters