DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fist come, first served?

Walt Rush

Reactions
DJI has been touting their "First come, first served" policy for delivering Mavics to those who prepurchased them. On Nov. 5 someone began a thread titled "Mavic Shipped". The purchaser included the date and time of his order as 10/28 @ 21:07. I placed a similar order 4 hours later on 10/29 @ 01:01. Since that time I have read a number of posts of folks rejoicing at the shipment of their Mavics. Is it possible that so many Mavics could have been ordered and prepaid during that 4 hour period?

Highly likely, and only the orders from the first calendar day (despite the difference of only 4 hours, yours was ordered on the next day) were segregated for the very first token shipments. Until all first day orders are filled (could be 7-8 weeks) , no second day orders will be shipped. Production and shipment were halted for some two weeks. There will be at least a 2 week delay between those shipped prior and after. You may be in the batch manufactured later. Presumably, that may be good, as there was some problem with the first batch that stopped everything.

There is also a lot of imporers and dealers that ordered big quantitys ob the first day. Those will allso go first i believe

DJI has been touting their "First come, first served" policy for delivering Mavics to those who prepurchased them. On Nov. 5 someone began a thread titled "Mavic Shipped". The purchaser included the date and time of his order as 10/28 @ 21:07. I placed a similar order 4 hours later on 10/29 @ 01:01. Since that time I have read a number of posts of folks rejoicing at the shipment of their Mavics. Is it possible that so many Mavics could have been ordered and prepaid during that 4 hour period?
I ordered mine 28/9/2016 at 10:00 UTC (in Ireland), just come up as having been shipped, that's a September order...

I ordered mine 28/9/2016 at 10:00 UTC (in Ireland), just come up as having been shipped, that's a September order...
Looks like the rest of the first day orders are just now starting to be shipped! Will likely be a long wait for anyone who ordered thereafter! :rolleyes:

You have to understand their situation, I suppose, although it's no consolation.. They are overwhelmed by a massive number of orders, do they just plod through them, or set up a big manufacturing facility to deal with the rush, which will then become idle as orders become fulfilled. They'll catch up, I don't doubt, but it'll take time. They responded to the Karma by releasing the Mavic before they had any stock built up, so now we're paying the price for it's incredible success, and no doubt there will be another rush due to the GoPro recall, and possible the realisation amongst GoPro fans that maybe the Karma is not that good anyway.
I'm happy that I'm getting mine when I am, as to many suppliers, Ireland is a backwater, and deliveries would 'be put on the long finger'..

I honestly don't think orders will end up been fulfilled by order date/time.It has now got to the point we're in my opinion they will arrive very randomly.
I only have a verbal order for mine due to the retailer not been allowed to place anymore pre orders.Initially I was told After Christmas and this is what I have in mind.
My retailer has a different take on it.He has placed a order for x amount of units but has only 5 pre orders.He believes he will then have spare stock and one has my name on it.
I live and hope,but I am sure I will be disappointed.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929