DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fit into Mavic Controller?

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, the crystalSky looks interesting, But my 7 Plus just makes it into the controller holder now, this looks very thick.. Curious if it fit into the Mavic Controller!

Didn't think so! So why do they say its compatible with the Mavic?

Probably meaning you can use it with the Mavic, not mentioning you will probably need an adapter (they need to sell, and don't want to keep Mavic owners away).

I personally use a tablet (Nvidia) with an adapter.

Probably meaning you can use it with the Mavic, not mentioning you will probably need an adapter (they need to sell, and don't want to keep Mavic owners away).

I personally use a tablet (Nvidia) with an adapter.

What Nvidia tablet ? adaptor?

What Nvidia tablet ? adaptor?

My tablet is a Nvidia Shield and I've purchased an adaptor that proved to be not what I wanted, so I took my tools and modified it to my taste (in the end the plate that fills the phone space was the more important remaining part to me).

Here are some other that seem to be good:

Amazon.com : SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro Spark Tablet Ipad Mount Holder Bracket for Mavic Pro / DJI Spark Remote Controller : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Darkhorse Extended Foldable Clamp Mount Holder For DJI Mavic Pro Remote Control to Clip Bigger than 5.5 Inch Smartphone and Tablets: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Pro Tablet Adapter Plate Holder for remote control (CNC ALUMINUM, ANODIZED BLACK): Camera & Photo

My final solution is very similar to the second one (Darkshorse), the weight balance seemed better with the tablet closer to the controller.

My tablet is a Nvidia Shield and I've purchased an adaptor that proved to be not what I wanted, so I took my tools and modified it to my taste (in the end the plate that fills the phone space was the more important remaining part to me).

Here are some other that seem to be good:

Amazon.com : SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro Spark Tablet Ipad Mount Holder Bracket for Mavic Pro / DJI Spark Remote Controller : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Darkhorse Extended Foldable Clamp Mount Holder For DJI Mavic Pro Remote Control to Clip Bigger than 5.5 Inch Smartphone and Tablets: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Pro Tablet Adapter Plate Holder for remote control (CNC ALUMINUM, ANODIZED BLACK): Camera & Photo

My final solution is very similar to the second one (Darkshorse), the weight balance seemed better with the tablet closer to the controller.

thank u!

I heard it would come with a mount for the mavic. I plan on "making" it fit with my own customization if this thing ever sees the light of day. DJI losses out on a lot of my money with these delays.

I heard it would come with a mount for the mavic. I plan on "making" it fit with my own customization if this thing ever sees the light of day. DJI losses out on a lot of my money with these delays.
Not sure if "DJI loses out on a lot money with these delays" would be a valid statement. Heck, look at the DJI goggle delay and how fast they sold out once they were released.

Not sure if "DJI loses out on a lot money with these delays" would be a valid statement. Heck, look at the DJI goggle delay and how fast they sold out once they were released.

I said losing out on MY money, which they are. I had plans to pick up 2 inspire 2 kits with monitors and a lot of other accessories but their delays and QC issues have had me on the fence for almost 6 months now with no plans to buy any more DJI products. Yes, they won't hurt for business because these things will continue to fly off the shelf no matter how bad their business practices are.

I would love to know what the strategy is at DJI when designing a great product that improves the viewing possibilities of their products but it doesn’t fit any of their controllers. And what’s worse is they leave it up to their dedicated customers to figure out all these jerky customizations to incorporate this great new product. Something seriously wrong with this picture folks.

Last edited:
I would love to know what the strategy is at DJI when designing a great product that improves the viewing possibilities of their products but it doesn’t fit any of their controllers. Ands whats worse is they leave it up to their dedicated customers to figure out all these jerky customizations to incorporate this great new product. Something seriously wrong with this picture folks.

agree with you ! where is the "user friendly" ?

I should also note their customers are dedicated despite the absolutely worst fufillment, delivery, returns process and customer service known to man provided by DJI. It’s just shameful!

Be careful with mounts. The crystal sky has a battery that sticks out and some of these ones that you show don't have enough width to clamp properly cause the battery won't make it flush.
Also the unit does not come with the mount/bracket. They are listed as optional purchases.

The 5.5" can sorta fit into the mavic grips if you remove the rubber. It basically fits just between the recessed bezel. Its decently snug that if i was flying while sitting down it would probably be fine. Its not the most secure, but if you are trying to minimize your payload it def works.

HQ1JHUuh.jpg

n2AFmfUh.jpg

wdbiuFVh.jpg

S with any of the mounts that have been shown and linked... t=do they require the DJi bracket or will any of the solutions provided hold the unit with the battery sticking out?

So far everything requires a DJI bracket which is extremely well made and secure. DJI is coming out with a mavic mount soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa