DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fitting Mavic 2 with Polar Pro extension legs fitted, into new DJI Protector hard case

PC1134

Reactions
I have just received the new DJI Protector Hard Case and love it! Fits all my Fly More Kit gear in, including my Smart Controller with lanyard and lugs fitted. Plus, big bonus, I can fit my 600mm wide Drone Landing pad, folded of course, into the lid underneath the top eggshell foam.

My only issue is fitting in the Mavic with the Polar Pro extendable landing legs fitted. No problems with the rear leg extenders on (which end up at the front of the Mavic), but the front extenders won't fit into the cut hole at the back. Not sure how I can widen the foam? Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers,
Sean

Do you have any pictures?

You can send it to me and I could do it for you for $200, or you can head over to Walmart, buy a $9 hot knife, and do it yourself!

Personally, I would choose option B...

Someone had mentioned this in a thread the other day about cutting foam. Just do it slowly, and you will be fine. A little at a time.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Foam-Cut...hguid=d3afadaf-7fb-16974fa3a6e9da&athena=true

Hot knife Walmart.png

Reactions: Thomas B and BD0G
Thanks guys for all your input. I will try the soldering idea to make room. Just wondered if I cut the foam would it reveal white, or is it black under the surface?

Reactions: Former Member
This looks like the same case that comes with the M2E-series birds, with a different insert (we have a removable tray for the strobe, speaker and floodlight, with storage beneath it).

I had to trim the foam around the aircraft in mine to leave the Polar Pro extensions on as well...

Do you have any pictures?

You can send it to me and I could do it for you for $200, or you can head over to Walmart, buy a $9 hot knife, and do it yourself!

Personally, I would choose option B...

Someone had mentioned this in a thread the other day about cutting foam. Just do it slowly, and you will be fine. A little at a time.

Foam Cutter, 5cm/15cm/25cm Electric Cutter Pen Styro Foam Polystyrene Heat Hot Wire Craft Cutting Tool - Walmart.com

View attachment 65822
I have same problem. But I don't know how to use a hot knife. Can anyone show me a video or explain? I have DJI Protector Case for my Mavic 2 Pro.

Yes, as suggest in prior post to you question. I need to expand the area of this case where the front lens fit WITH PolarPro Retracts INSTALLED. Area neeeds to be widened slightly and I have never even heard of let alone used a hot knife.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO