DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fix for water damage

GwynnLewis

Reactions
So, I flew into a tree then bounced into a creek. My M2P was submerged for 3 hrs. It turned on but wouldn't fly. Totally my fault. I sent it in to DJI. They were great but expensive, around $1100. They don't repair just send a new body. I thought it was a little steep so I went to Ebay and found a new body without cam for around $550. I had DJI send me back the damaged M2P, went to youtube to see how to switch the cam and boom. I'm back flying, good as new. Savings of $550! Switching the cam took 5min.

So, I flew into a tree then bounced into a creek. My M2P was submerged for 3 hrs. It turned on but wouldn't fly. Totally my fault. I sent it in to DJI. They were great but expensive, around $1100. They don't repair just send a new body. I thought it was a little steep so I went to Ebay and found a new body without cam for around $550. I had DJI send me back the damaged M2P, went to youtube to see how to switch the cam and boom. I'm back flying, good as new. Savings of $550! Switching the cam took 5min.
I've been there man... last weekend with my new MA2 that I bought earlier in the week to cover for my M2P that hit a tree and dropped into deep woods while I was flying from a boat. I found the M2P with some difficulty and sent off for repair, but I needed a drone for the following weekend and the MA2 seemed like a good complement to the M2P. My MA2 was underwater for 5 min, but after 24 hrs in a box of rice, it appears to work fine.
I highly recommend buying drone insurance. I pay $60/year w/ State Farm to insure all of my drones.

Reactions: nkdjhny
I've been there man... last weekend with my new MA2 that I bought earlier in the week to cover for my M2P that hit a tree and dropped into deep woods while I was flying from a boat. I found the M2P with some difficulty and sent off for repair, but I needed a drone for the following weekend and the MA2 seemed like a good complement to the M2P. My MA2 was underwater for 5 min, but after 24 hrs in a box of rice, it appears to work fine.
I highly recommend buying drone insurance. I pay $60/year w/ State Farm to insure all of my drones.

Thanks for the head's up on insurance! Good call, I'm calling my agent today!

Thanks for the head's up on insurance! Good call, I'm calling my agent today!
It makes more sense than DJI Care which requires that you retrieve it. I’m probably more likely to lose it in the woods or in a lake, river, ocean, etc. and not be able to retrieve it. The three times I’ve crashed I was lucky to be able to retrieve it when I thought there was little chance of recovery. Even if you COULD locate a crashed drone in the woods, you may be traveling and not have the luxury of time or ability to return to the locale.
It truly reduces your anxiety level considering the cost of replacing a M2P.

Nice to hear ba positive report about water damage drone. Hope it keeps flying.

Had a similar issue with my DJI mini 2. I left it in rice for a week. Turned it on and the propellers wont work. I get an Error 30105 (gps error). Dont have care refresh. Kickin myself in the shins. Should i venture in to replacing the gps module myself?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929