DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Fixed]iPad WIFI Disconnected shortly after Mavic Pro Drone is powered up

wingbotics

Reactions
The title says it all. But why?
  1. iPad WIFI is on.
  2. Connect the drone controller to the iPad.
  3. Turn on the drone controller.
  4. Start the Go4.
  5. Power up the drone.
  6. In a minute or two, the iPad WIFI will lose connection.
  7. If I power off the drone, the WIFI connection will then be restored.
This behavior causes FW upgrade checking and upgrade download mid way failure. Is there anyone experiencing this issue. How to enable or disable such a feature if it's not a problem?
I think that it used to work ok. It only started acting like this in the last 3 months or so.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
  1. iPad WIFI is on.
  4. Start the Go4.
  5. Power up the drone.
This behavior causes FW upgrade checking and upgrade download mid way failure. Is there anyone experiencing this issue. How to enable or disable such a feature of it's not a problem.
I think that it used to work ok. It only started acting like this in the last 3 months or so.

Thanks in advanced.

Which mini?

1. iPad WIFI is on.
  4. Start the Go4.
  5. Power up the drone.
This behavior causes FW upgrade checking and upgrade download mid way failure. Is there anyone experiencing this issue. How to enable or disable such a feature of it's not a problem.

Thanks in advanced.

It could be that the remote is interfering with your Wi-Fi and causing the iPad to disconnect.

Try using a longer cord and separate the iPad from the remote as far as possible so they still stay connected. It also might help to move closer to the Wi-Fi router in case you have weak signal to begin with

It could be that the remote is interfering with your Wi-Fi and causing the iPad to disconnect.

Try using a longer cord and separate the iPad from the remote as far as possible so they still stay connected. It also might help to move closer to the Wi-Fi router in case you have weak signal to begin with
The signal isn't an issue and is more than enough. What interesting is that once the drone takes off the iPad WiFi is back online again. That was how I was notified of this response while flying just earlier.
By that token, I believe that the drone is the source of interference. Nothing has been changed so I wonder why it started to act up recently. I'm not sure about cabling... Same iPad, controller, etc. Just puzzling!

The signal isn't an issue and is more than enough. What interesting is that once the drone takes off the iPad WiFi is back online again. That was how I was notified of this response while flying just earlier.
By that token, I believe that the drone is the source of interference. Nothing has been changed so I wonder why it started to act up recently. I'm not sure about cabling... Same iPad, controller, etc. Just puzzling!

Weird.

I have an iPad mini 4 with WiFi only. I stay well connected flying from my driveway. To investigate if the drone is the interference, turn off the WiFi on the pad. Then connect your iPad to your phone’s hotspot ( if you have one). See what happens. Is it possible your router transmission strength has changed?

Reactions: wingbotics
I have an iPad mini 4 with WiFi only. I stay well connected flying from my driveway. To investigate if the drone is the interference, turn off the WiFi on the pad. Then connect your iPad to your phone’s hotspot ( if you have one). See what happens. Is it possible your router transmission strength has changed?
Ah huh! Yes the WiFi stays connected with my Android hotspot! Perhaps my home WiFi router (which seats hidden in the crawlspace) antenna position changed (by rodants? Who knows!). Apparently, the drone and the router compete the WiFi signal somewhat.
RadioFlyerMan, thank you for the recommendation of phone hotspot test.
Puzzle resolved. Rest is to figure out my router issue.
Thank you everyone for jumping on this.

Ah huh! Yes the WiFi stays connected with my Android hotspot! Perhaps my home WiFi router (which seats hidden in the crawlspace) antenna position changed (by rodants? Who knows!). Apparently, the drone and the router compete the WiFi signal somewhat.
RadioFlyerMan, thank you for the recommendation of phone hotspot test.
Puzzle resolved. Rest is to figure out my router issue.
Thank you everyone for jumping on this.

You’re welcome. Have a safe and rewarding flight. [emoji2]

One of the three antenna of the WiFi router was dislocated to a bad position. I readjusted back. Now my iPad does not lose the WiFi signal when the drone is powered on and stays connected.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest