DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed wing mode mavic pro

adbeal

Reactions
My mavic used to require a constant forward acceleration for fixed wing mode. Now it continues to fly in fixed wing mode until I stop it with c2. Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of "fixed wing mode" would be? It seems it would just keep you from letting go of the controls and hovering. And that sounds dangerous. You should always be able to stop and hover in an emergency.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of "fixed wing mode" would be? It seems it would just keep you from letting go of the controls and hovering. And that sounds dangerous. You should always be able to stop and hover in an emergency.
It’s like cruise control and it’s kinda fun. The camera is like a real FPV mode. The OA sensors are still active and it will brake to avoid an obstacle. You can also hit the C2 button to cancel fixed wing, or hit the C2 button, or hit the red ❌ in DJI Go 4, or pull back on the elevator to cancel fixed wing mode. Plenty of options

Reactions: razoraerial
It’s like cruise control and it’s kinda fun. The camera is like a real FPV mode. The OA sensors are still active and it will brake to avoid an obstacle. You can also hit the C2 button to cancel fixed wing, or hit the C2 button, or hit the red ❌ in DJI Go 4, or pull back on the elevator to cancel fixed wing mode. Plenty of options
OK! I'll go out to a large open area and give it a try. Does it make it easier to maintain a smooth flight (speed) while flying by something?

How about it just stopping on its own? Why?

I have an issue with mine stopping on its own. What would cause that? No buttons hit, altitude not a factor. It just quits and hovers as if i canceled it.

I have an issue with mine stopping on its own. What would cause that? No buttons hit, altitude not a factor. It just quits and hovers as if i canceled it.
You need sufficient lighting because it relies on the OA sensors being active. It will stop if the lighting is not sufficient for OA or if an obstacle is detected. This also goes for too much light such as looking directly into the sun.

Also if you lose connection with the aircraft even for a split second which isn’t long enough to initiate lost connection RTH but it will cancel fixed wing mode.

It was cloudy
Fixed wing permits you to release the throttle and it keeps going forward there by freeing up your hand to do whatever. Its great for a smooth video without abrupt stops. I use my left stick in this mode to turn or bank left or right. Its a great option in my opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3