DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed Wing Mode. So much for that.

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Weather was too dull for photography and windy and gusty to boot. So, finally, after all this time, with nothing better to do (unless I ask Herself) I decided to go try FWM.

Set it up for FWM and flew around a bit. But it's not like FW flying at all. The right stick should emulate pitch and roll movements and the throttle should emulate throttle (go faster/slower) in this mode (IMO).

So climb would be: nose up and then increase power. Descent would be reduce power and then nose down... (would be nice to have an AS indicator of course). That would be FW mode.

The only cool thing was making high speed skidding turns in S-mode. But that got old quick too...

That mode will now be shut off permanently.

I tried it & and all i took away from it was I nearly crashed.
Somehow the "screen" only made it more confusing.

I learnt drones with gimbals, so even FPV mode I feel like im asking for a crash.

I want to get a FPV drone, I just want to know i can crash it after 5 minutes of fun like
all my other R/C stuff, then have hours of fun fixing it.
Not months of waiting, etc

Pretty much. Control inputs to manueuver change though and as you can see, some find them illogical.
I believe it was created for use with DJI goggles. I use it quite bit and I find it a handy for cruising around and inspecting a farm. "Unlocking" the gimbal makes it more useful for my needs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa