DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flawless Mavic Pro

swings16

Reactions
I feel that i must say how i am feeling about the rock solid performance of my MP...Sadly i am extremely limited in my options for flight but i am glad that i do have ONE place in NYC that i can fly with no reservations to speak of..A city park 1/4 mile away from my residence....The area of the park where i fly at is a football field circled by a running track...astro turf...this area is surrounded by huge trees (The Park is named FOREST PARK) and the trees are a barrier around the track which is the only down side of the place (for ME)...IF i venture outside of the perimeter of the park i must constantly be aware of the trees AND if i fly over and beyond the trees i lose visual sight of the MP...i see all through my tablet but it is not the same as an eyeball view...at times i get the nerve to fly over the tree line and into and over NYC streets...highways,buses,cars.. houses small and HUGE and thousands of people all within a 1/2 mile range of my regular flight path...i hate to say it but the same place EVERY time i fly is getting old...i still get a thrill but it is getting old...are there areas that cater to INDOOR flight ? Any NYC area people here that can i.d. an indoor area where people can fly ? An odd question but there may be someone who could recommend a space similar to what i have described OR of another outdoor area that would fit the bill ?

Thanks all !

I can't say enough positive things about EVERYTHING re the Mavic Pro...either i am lucky or i am doing everything correctly but i can not think of one flaw or problem with anything concerning this fine instrument

FORGOT ! Yesterday i was at my usual spot...1 minute into my flight and out of the trees appears a HUGE bird of prey...Eagle ? Hawk ? I don't know but it appeared suddenly and it was circling the MP...i went higher,lower,sideways..all shadowed by this huge animal..it made my day...i was hoping that it would not make physical contact with the MP as it would have injured the bird and MINE !

I feel that i must say how i am feeling about the rock solid performance of my MP...Sadly i am extremely limited in my options for flight but i am glad that i do have ONE place in NYC that i can fly with no reservations to speak of..A city park 1/4 mile away from my residence....The area of the park where i fly at is a football field circled by a running track...astro turf...this area is surrounded by huge trees (The Park is named FOREST PARK) and the trees are a barrier around the track which is the only down side of the place (for ME)...IF i venture outside of the perimeter of the park i must constantly be aware of the trees AND if i fly over and beyond the trees i lose visual sight of the MP...i see all through my tablet but it is not the same as an eyeball view...at times i get the nerve to fly over the tree line and into and over NYC streets...highways,buses,cars.. houses small and HUGE and thousands of people all within a 1/2 mile range of my regular flight path...i hate to say it but the same place EVERY time i fly is getting old...i still get a thrill but it is getting old...are there areas that cater to INDOOR flight ? Any NYC area people here that can i.d. an indoor area where people can fly ? An odd question but there may be someone who could recommend a space similar to what i have described OR of another outdoor area that would fit the bill ?

Thanks all !

I can't say enough positive things about EVERYTHING re the Mavic Pro...either i am lucky or i am doing everything correctly but i can not think of one flaw or problem with anything concerning this fine instrument

FORGOT ! Yesterday i was at my usual spot...1 minute into my flight and out of the trees appears a HUGE bird of prey...Eagle ? Hawk ? I don't know but it appeared suddenly and it was circling the MP...i went higher,lower,sideways..all shadowed by this huge animal..it made my day...i was hoping that it would not make physical contact with the MP as it would have injured the bird and MINE !
Hi from Queensland Australia! Don't know whether I would have bought my drone if I lived in the City and was restricted where I could fly it. Got up to a beautiful sunrise this morning. Sat on my deck and flew my MP out about 3 k's taking some great photos (although far from professional quality) of my 250 acre property, house and amazing landscape around me. Located my cattle and checked the outer gates with the drone to check all were good. Love it.

I agree with you also. My MP has performed flawlessly since I owned it (apart from a few minor in-flight issues due to human error). Couple of this mornings photos attached.

Attachments

• org_a04a9cb34f1c30c4_1547752832000.jpeg
    org_a04a9cb34f1c30c4_1547752832000.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 61
  • org_6b1b0982f04beaa3_1547753952000.jpeg
    org_6b1b0982f04beaa3_1547753952000.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 61
  • org_94879782235a73da_1547754314000.jpeg
    org_94879782235a73da_1547754314000.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 58

Thanks all !

you need to travel. I can fly locally, but after so many flights, I've seen all the local attractions. So, I'll drive an hour or two just to get away and get new footage/pictures. It's worth it. Doing so can make a day of it.
I use google earth pro to scout out locations and google map to detail getting there.

Reactions: RTBrown55
Man, it's been three days after taking delivery of my new Mavic Pro and I still have not been able to even get the motors running, much less getting the drone off the ground. What a bummer. I have no idea when I may be able to get the drone flying. Right now, I am very disappointed and am thinking I made a mistake in buying the thing.

Hi from Queensland Australia! Don't know whether I would have bought my drone if I lived in the City and was restricted where I could fly it. Got up to a beautiful sunrise this morning. Sat on my deck and flew my MP out about 3 k's taking some great photos (although far from professional quality) of my 250 acre property, house and amazing landscape around me. Located my cattle and checked the outer gates with the drone to check all were good. Love it.

I agree with you also. My MP has performed flawlessly since I owned it (apart from a few minor in-flight issues due to human error). Couple of this mornings photos attached.

Wow! Is that your house and property in those photos? You're in drone-flying heaven there, and probably just a heaven in general, what with all that open natural space and beautiful scenery.

Man, it's been three days after taking delivery of my new Mavic Pro and I still have not been able to even get the motors running, much less getting the drone off the ground. What a bummer. I have no idea when I may be able to get the drone flying. Right now, I am very disappointed and am thinking I made a mistake in buying the thing.
What is causing the trouble?

I do not know what the problem is. I am trying to find an answer. That's why I posted here. Someone suggested that I do that.

Hi,
Sorry to hear of your having trouble...If you want help (which you will be given) IF you are specific.You mention that "you can't even get the motors running " ? ?

Did you d/l the app that is needed to fly ?

Did you unfold the MP...?

Did you Charge your battery ?

Put the battery in the MP ?

attach the propellers ?

properly attach + Charge the CONTROLLER to your smart phone or ipad or another device similar ?

What have you NOT done ?

If you have charged the battery...downloaded the go fly app...hooked up a connection between the controller and the Ipad (or smart phone or another similar device)...attached the props...charged the controller...have ALL in sync...

IF you have done all that i have noted, i can find no reason for you to not be able to fly

please detail ALL you have done in preparation to fly...only then will we will be able to help

that is how this forum works...if you have a problem in any way,you must be specific in the details

I hope that you get help... you WILL (if you do what i have detailed )

Martin ...Swings16

Attachments

• DJI_0026.JPG
    DJI_0026.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 8
Hi,
Sorry to hear of your having trouble...If you want help (which you will be given) IF you are specific.You mention that "you can't even get the motors running " ? ?

Did you d/l the app that is needed to fly ?

Did you unfold the MP...?

Did you Charge your battery ?

Put the battery in the MP ?

attach the propellers ?

properly attach + Charge the CONTROLLER to your smart phone or ipad or another device similar ?

What have you NOT done ?

If you have charged the battery...downloaded the go fly app...hooked up a connection between the controller and the Ipad (or smart phone or another similar device)...attached the props...charged the controller...have ALL in sync...

IF you have done all that i have noted, i can find no reason for you to not be able to fly

please detail ALL you have done in preparation to fly...only then will we will be able to help

that is how this forum works...if you have a problem in any way,you must be specific in the details

I hope that you get help... you WILL (if you do what i have detailed )

Martin ...Swings16

Of course I did all the multiple suggestions you offered that were very obvious and logical to do to do, and the others were done right out of the box, like the props were installed, for example. Read my previous post on the fact that I finally got it going.
What happened was, I thought I registered the drone with my e mail through the process of the app on my tablet. That is, I tHOUGHT I did it.
What finally got me going, and I do not know how I decided to do it ultimately, by the way, was I ran a connector wire from the USB on the controller to my tablet. BINGO! That was the trick! I feel like a dummy, but I did figure it out by myself.
Actually, to sell a complex device like the Mavic Pro without including specific instructions in the box to get it going, well, that's really pretty bad in itself. I am going to try to sell this particular DJI product, I think. That's because those Chinese really appear to not be responsive to customer support inquiries... I never received a response to my e mail from them... I could have never got the darned drone working if I were not so persistent in my efforts.

Thanks again to all that responded on this forum in attempts to help!

Roger

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair