DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew Mavic for a few seconds with gimbal clamp still on, did I damage gimbal?

RickMC

Reactions
I stupidly forgot to take off the gimbal clamp yesterday and took off without looking at the screen. I only went straight up but realized the gimbal clamp was still on when I finally looked at the screen a few seconds into the take off and saw the overload error. I landed immediately and the camera was really shaking as I was landing. Took the clamp off and it flew fine as far as I could tell but could I have caused permanent damage? Thanks.

I have done the same thing with no damage. I now have a little note (Check List) taped to the inside of my backpack case to run down before launching. A little reminder never hurts.

Just tie a length of ribbon to the clamp. Mine is about 30cm long and scarlet red. Very little bulk to it but it’s obvious if the clamp is still on when I put the drone down for takeoff.

Reactions: TTFullTimer
I stupidly forgot to take off the gimbal clamp yesterday and took off without looking at the screen. I only went straight up but realized the gimbal clamp was still on when I finally looked at the screen a few seconds into the take off and saw the overload error. I landed immediately and the camera was really shaking as I was landing. Took the clamp off and it flew fine as far as I could tell but could I have caused permanent damage? Thanks.
I think you’re fine once or twice. I forgot twice and after that I just bought the giminder off Amazon and I like it so far. Makes it real hard to forget lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B452GG4/ref=twister_B07B44S6HB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000