DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew my Mavic in China town NYC let's talk about this.

Tylergalloway

Reactions
Max altitude hit warning at 13 ft, general unresponsiveness, and it kept trying to fly backwards.

Now the question is if you can fly the Mavic indoors with out a issue how come this was so sketchy and funny acting.

It would alternate between opti, GPS, and atti mode frequently. But used opti most the flight.

Only had it in the air for about 2 min since it started getting super sketchy.

3de4537ba61e95ffc7f8bf2df16e721e.jpg

Max altitude hit warning at 13 ft, general unresponsiveness, and it kept trying to fly backwards.

Now the question is if you can fly the Mavic indoors with out a issue how come this was so sketchy and funny acting.

It would alternate between opti, GPS, and atti mode frequently. But used opti most the flight.

Only had it in the air for about 2 min since it started getting super sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
GPS is hard to acquire in a city.

Max altitude hit warning at 13 ft
Per the Mavic manual:

"Height is restricted to 16 feet (5 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated. Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated"

That at least explains the reason for the max altitude warning.

Per the Mavic manual:

"Height is restricted to 16 feet (5 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated. Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated".

If a return to home was activated would it ascend past the 5 meters ? Or just land in a case like such ? And thank you I didn't know that.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How would it return to home without GPS anyway?

Using the default settings in DJI GO, the Mavic will auto land at its current location if RTH is initiated when there is no GPS signal.

@digitalbar.. Bones was not "scolding" as you put, he was validly pointing out that the OP was flying illegally and if more people start doing that kind of flying, then we ALL get shut down. Any time anyone does a dumb thing like this, everyone needs to speak up and tell them they are not legally allowed to do that. We need to do our best to educate each other in order to prevent the powers that be from jump on all of us because of a few that break the law. I wish more people had spoken up already, rather than explain how this OP can better do things so he can go on and keep flying like that.

@digitalbar.. Bones was not "scolding" as you put, he was validly pointing out that the OP was flying illegally and if more people start doing that kind of flying, then we ALL get shut down. Any time anyone does a dumb thing like this, everyone needs to speak up and tell them they are not legally allowed to do that. We need to do our best to educate each other in order to prevent the powers that be from jump on all of us because of a few that break the law. I wish more people had spoken up already, rather than explain how this OP can better do things so he can go on and keep flying like that.
I’m with you on this one! Fed up with people being accused of being ‘drone police’, when what they’re just trying to do is educate the ‘offender’ so that the rest of us can continue flying!

You are not only risking injury to others, you are risking prosecution. From the NYC web site: Drones
"If you see a drone being flown in the City, call 911.

Drones are more formally known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and are illegal to fly in New York City."

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
That's a really tight spot to fly without GPS if you have no experience of flying in atti. Could easily drift to one side and hit the wall.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61