DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew my mavic way past the altitude limit

sean2111

Reactions
I climbed Mexico’s highest mountain just to fly my mavic at 5,680 meters above sea level, I just had to keep the batteries warm during the climb. It acted out a little bit, it felt odd, when I hit the throttle down it went down faster than it usually does, I sent it far (about a mile) and a beeping started coming out of my remote, the proximity sensors started acting out but there was nothing on its way (there couldn’t have been anything on its way, we were at the highest point in the country) the weather helped, it wast too cold and there was almost no wind blowing (conditions that I have never encountered there).

Reactions: gremlin16
Maybe sun light is stronger at that alttitude and this could be the reason for sensors going off. Were you flying against the sun?

When you fly higher than anything around you, you'd better fly with Obstacle Avoidance off. There is another thread here asking whether people fly with OA on or off, most fly with OA off.

As for myself, 99% I fly with OA off. I only turn it on when I fly low and there are indeed things that the Mavic can hit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair