DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew over a pond with a float attached to drone tried to to a circle with payload mode on sports mode took pictures

mavicmaestro

Reactions
Well today it was bank holiday in uk and decided to test my drone over water 2.5 m or below in ice and water and cold.IMG_0023.JPGRemoteMediaFile_6553655_0_2020_12_28_12_28_40.jpgIMG_0026.JPG

The drone Performed well by floating on the water and landing on the ice and taking off from water and ice.

Payload mode restricts the drone from 50 m distance to 30 m height

I wanted to do a circle over the pond at a height of 2.5 m but it did not allow me to do that at all is that normal for the circle to be switched off when In payload mode.

I then switched to normal mode because I was in sports mode then tried to circle over the pond and it failed to do that.

The new DJI update does give you some zoom two times in photo mode and works well.

Photo_6553646_DJI_46_jpg_4488214_0_2020122812440_photo_original.jpg

Reactions: Bxr532001
Well today it was bank holiday in uk and decided to test my drone over water 2.5 m or below in ice and water and cold.View attachment 120240View attachment 120241View attachment 120242

The drone Performed well by floating on the water and landing on the ice and taking off from water and ice.

Payload mode restricts the drone from 50 m distance to 30 m height

I wanted to do a circle over the pond at a height of 2.5 m but it did not allow me to do that at all is that normal for the circle to be switched off when In payload mode.

I then switched to normal mode because I was in sports mode then tried to circle over the pond and it failed to do that.

The new DJI update does give you some zoom two times in photo mode and works well.

View attachment 120239

The weight of the float was 170grams and it was hell freezing

You can cancel the payload mode in case you were not aware. Just go to the DJI Fly settings (...) once you are in the air and you should see the option to turn off payload mode.

The weight of the float was 170grams and it was hell freezing
Although you are doing it out a sense of safety, lumbering a Mini with 170 grams is making the flying less safe.
It's going to fly much better without handicapping it like that.

Although you are doing it out a sense of safety, lumbering a Mini with 170 grams is making the flying less safe.
It's going to fly much better without handicapping it like that.
Not to mention at that weight it needs to be registered.

Only in that, one moment they are perfectly motionless and the next, when one of Melbournes infamous cool changes comes in, they can sway by at least 3 to 5 metres at the top. Can happen within one or two minutes. Melbourne, famous for its 4 seasons in 1 day!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22