DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew without phone/tablet and came back with no pics/videos

leebones

Reactions
Hi guys. Long time lurker here with my first post. Hoping you can help.

My wife brought the mpro out to the beach yesterday for me to get some pics and vids of a family event and forgot the cable to connect the controller to the phone. I have flown the drone without the phone and app previously, but only out of curiosity and not to try and capture some media. I flew the drone for 20 minutes, took some video and stills (without knowing what exactly I was looking at) and came home.

Two strange things I didn't expect:

1. The drone was limited to flying no more than 100 FT (m?) away from me by default. Without the app I have no idea how I would have changed this.
2. My real issue I need help with: All of the videos and stills I took are not on the SD card in the drone. Not one. I know for sure I took a ton. I was showing folks the behavior of the red lights when I take stills, and I was sure to check the status screen on the controller to confirm I saw the "REC" blinking status LED. All seemed normal.

What gives?

Going forward I expect that I will always have the cable with me to connect the phone/app to the controller, but I want to know if I did something wrong that I could prevent the next time around?

Thanks!

1. The drone was limited to flying no more than 100 FT (m?) away from me by default. Without the app I have no idea how I would have changed this.
Since firmware 01.03.0800 from last fall you have to connect a mobile device to lift that restriction. It is possible it locks the camera as well, but I've never read about it before.

DJI don't want you to fly their products without a mobile device and app anymore.

you sure they haven't gone to internal memory?
I had no idea this was a capability. How do I access it? I tried connecting directly to the drone via WiFi with no luck finding the media. Connect the drone via USB to a Mac/PC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO