DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flicker In My Mavic Pro 2

Kai12

Reactions
Hi
I have a Mavic Pro 2. Been shooting for sometime and no issues. Last week with the sun at full strength I noticed some flickering in certain areas. Today shooting again the sun is to my left and not in the frame at all but there is considerable flicker in the shot. Not when I rotate the drone left it goes away but only after a considerable movement. Flicker is set to Auto. I could be wrong but I swear its worse on this shoot. Normally if it happens I can lower the camera/drone etc to avoid the sun. Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

Love the fourm and thanks in advance for any advice.

Thats not 'flicker' in the video, it is prop shadows. In the beginning of your clip the sun is roughly at the camera's 10 o'clock-high position, and as the sun shines through the left front prop, the shadows are cast on the camera lens. When you yaw the drone to the right, the moment that the sun is not hitting the lens (with prop shadows), the effect ceases.

So prop shadows hitting the lens...ok thats good I guess. I was kind hoping it was. Maybe just me but I was shooting all around a path with people etc and it showed up alot more than I have ever seen before. Normally I am shooting about the same time just never had it show up that much. Thank you very very much

So prop shadows hitting the lens...ok thats good I guess. I was kind hoping it was. Maybe just me but I was shooting all around a path with people etc and it showed up alot more than I have ever seen before. Normally I am shooting about the same time just never had it show up that much. Thank you very very much

One thing that can exacerbate this effect is the camera's shutter speed. A fast shutter speed is more likely to cause this effect while a slower shutter speed will not isolate those individual prop movements. A fast shutter speed is likely when using 'auto' exposure on a bright sunny day with no ND filters. Was this the case for this clip?

I did not have ND filters and was flying manual exposure. Normally I see it and to your point just rotate around to avoid the sun. But today seemed like it was more a problem than ever before. So ( and I will test tomorrow thank you so much) just drop my shutter speed if I see it happening again.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I did not have ND filters and was flying manual exposure. Normally I see it and to your point just rotate around to avoid the sun. But today seemed like it was more a problem than ever before. So ( and I will test tomorrow thank you so much) just drop my shutter speed if I see it happening again.
I use a lens hood on my M2P....that seems to work well avoidind prop artifacts.

Is that a DIT sort of thing? Never heard of a lends hood for my drone but I LOVE the idea.
Try this link....mine is similar to it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803