DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flicker in video

pickett22

Reactions
Anyone else get flicker in their video? (far left side of screen) This was shot on AE - next time I will try to remember to LOCK it before shooting.

What I saw was more like a stop-motion effect. If you watch the cars you can see them jumping forward. The focus was also slightly off. Both are corrected in the last couple seconds. Perhaps your video card or computer is underpowered for 4K or it may be your conversion to YouTube. Does it look this way if you copy the file to your computer or at a lower resolution?

What are you flying?

What I saw was more like a stop-motion effect. If you watch the cars you can see them jumping forward. The focus was also slightly off. Both are corrected in the last couple seconds. Perhaps your video card or computer is underpowered for 4K or it may be your conversion to YouTube. Does it look this way if you copy the file to your computer or at a lower resolution?

What are you flying?
This is from Mavic 2 Zoom. This flicker is on the original video straight from the sd card, I edit on top of line mac with Premiere Pro.

I just figured it was AE trying to adjust from the sunlight to the left. I must remember to hit the AE Lock and tap the screen for auto focus

The flickering looks like it could be prop shadow, judging by the position of the sun. AE lock won't help there. A sun shade might help, but there's only so much you can do.

Reactions: bronze661
It is easy to mess up the focus, but the jerky motion of the vehicles is another matter. What seems strange is both the motion and focus problems are corrected in the last couple seconds of your video. Hopefully, someone with M2 experience will step in.

Does it do this when recording at a lower resolution? Are you using the stock SD card? The card that came with my MP was not fast enough for 4K.

The flickering looks like it could be prop shadow, judging my the position of the sun.
That was my first thought, but what about the stop motion effect of the vehicles?

What kind of SD card are you running? I had a flicker on mine but it was like a whole screen blank. But it was based on I had an older version 1U SD card instead of the new 3U might want to check into that

That was my first thought, but what about the stop motion effect of the vehicles?

That just looks like bad compression artifacts. It clears up after a few seconds. I'd be curious as to whether it was on the original footage or whether it happened when YouTube recompressed it.

Edited to add: I just rewatched the video and those artifacts seem to have cleared up. At least that's how it looks on mobile (I'm away from my desktop computer right now.) So I'll chalk up the stop motion effect to YouTube not having finished processing the video.

But the flickering is prop shadow, not a problem with the SD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost