DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flickering + 10 degree turn during forward flight

tekken

Reactions
Hey, today I experienced an issue with flickering in the right field of view and a 10 degree turn initiated by the aircraft.
Has anyone seen that flickering before? It did only last for 1-2 seconds, however it raises my concerns.

I have uploaded the trimmed video (5 seconds), should be 4K:

Thanks for any ideas !

That seems like a prop' came into view. Do you have any idea what the wind speed and relative direction was???
My first thought is that the drone has been hit by a wind gust from the right, and it has pitched forward-right to compensate, and that's given you the prop in-frame ... ???

Last edited:
Sunny day, late afternoon. There was pretty much no wind at all...
It was a full forward flight with APAS activated. Will try to analyse my flight data on airdate.com or something similar.

Okay, my best guess was "oh a poor bee hit the drone at like 80m altitude". Must be more likely have been a gust due to warm air circulating. However I never had the drone change its angle – even in strong wind.

Thank you both for your quick answers!

Sunny day, late afternoon. There was pretty much no wind at all...
It was a full forward flight with APAS activated. Will try to analyse my flight data on airdate.com or something similar.

Okay, my best guess was "oh a poor bee hit the drone at like 80m altitude". Must be more likely have been a gust due to warm air circulating. However I never had the drone change its angle – even in strong wind.

Thank you both for your quick answers!
Full forward is when you’ll see props as the drone tilts forward and camera focus holds steady... the equivalent of level flight and tilting the camera up.

Have you checked the prop's for damage? It just might be that you had a bird take a dislike to the drome and got whacked by a prop???

Looks like the shadow of a spinning prop
Hey, today I experienced an issue with flickering in the right field of view and a 10 degree turn initiated by the aircraft.
Has anyone seen that flickering before? It did only last for 1-2 seconds, however it raises my concerns.

I have uploaded the trimmed video (5 seconds), should be 4K:
View attachment 70099

Thanks for any ideas !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej