DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight between US and GERMANY - Lipo battery restrictions?

CyberNate

Reactions
Is there anyone that's from Germany or perhaps travels between US and Germany with Lipo battery and quadcopters? I know leaving the US, I can carry-on my Lipos just not in checked bags. I'm not sure about the other direction, leaving Germany on return trip. Anyone have any experience with travel from Germany? I leaving next week and want to bring my Mavic along with my large Lipo and LiHV batteries. My batteries are 3S 5200mah, 4000mah, and 3000mah plus 4 Mavic batteries. I don't want to lose those batteries at security screening. I'll be in Germany 3 weeks and want to enjoy some long flights. I plan on carrying the drone, DJI goggles, and batteries in my backpack.

I just came back from germany 2 weeks ago. Miami to Frankfurt. In both airports they didnt bat an eye. Took my mavic and both batteries in my carry on. Batteries were below 25% & in lipo safe bags. I was pleasantly surprised. When my carryon went thru TSA security check, nobody said a word or flinched when it went thru xray machine.

Reactions: CyberNate
Is there anyone that's from Germany or perhaps travels between US and Germany with Lipo battery and quadcopters? I know leaving the US, I can carry-on my Lipos just not in checked bags. I'm not sure about the other direction, leaving Germany on return trip. Anyone have any experience with travel from Germany? I leaving next week and want to bring my Mavic along with my large Lipo and LiHV batteries. My batteries are 3S 5200mah, 4000mah, and 3000mah plus 4 Mavic batteries. I don't want to lose those batteries at security screening. I'll be in Germany 3 weeks and want to enjoy some long flights. I plan on carrying the drone, DJI goggles, and batteries in my backpack.

How many batteries total did you have??

Not that I'm aware of but I figure at some point they'd say too much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929