DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight details show on TV when playing back video

richandhiscat

Reactions
Just got back from Scotland with quite a bit of video, played fine on my tablet and on the laptop at home, but when I play it on my LG 4K TV all the flight details, position, speed etc are plastered across the bottom quarter of the screen! This is the first time I've played anything back on the TV, so I checked my straight out of the box footage from when I first bought it in December...exactly the same.
Does anyone know how to sort this please? (I will be editing it eventually)
Seems odd it isn't being played back on the computer, and it's an odd setting to be enabled from new (showing flight details on playback)

Rich

I was wondering if you had the subtitles turned on ? But it seemed like they would be on any device you used.

There is a setting in the Fly app that toggles the flight information overlay on and off for videos.

I can't quite remember where in the app it is, but probably somewhere in the video settings.

There is a setting in the Fly app that toggles the flight information overlay on and off for videos.

I can't quite remember where in the app it is, but probably somewhere in the video settings.
Thanks, sounds like I can't get rid of it then - but why doesn't it show on a computer screen? (and why was it set on default)

In the advanced shooting menu, under camera settings you can switch on/off subtitles. Not all devices will display the subtitles that Fly embeds in the video when enabled. You can probably remove these embedded subtitles in a video editor.

Thanks for sharing!

Hopefully the flight details are in a separate .srt file. This file has the flight data only, separate from the flight video itself. You can choose whether or not to display it with the controls of your playback device.

If it has already burned it into the base flight video, you are out of luck. There is no way to unembed the information.

A quick look at the folder where your flight files are stored willtell you what you are dealing with.

Thanks, sounds like I can't get rid of it then - but why doesn't it show on a computer screen? (and why was it set on default)
Thanks to scro for adding the location of the setting I mentioned.

As also mentioned subtitles being displayed on a computer is dependant on the software used. On my Windows 10 machine if I view a video with subtitles using Media Player I don't see them, and VLC player gives me the option of turning them on or off. On my LG TV they are displayed all the time.

Reactions: scro
Not if they are encoded in the video.
If it's "burned into" the image of course not but that's not how it is with DJI stuff, it's a subtitle track embedded in the video and is handled by most TVs like any other subtitle that you can enable/disable.

If it's "burned into" the image of course not but that's not how it is with DJI stuff, it's a subtitle track embedded in the video and is handled by most TVs like any other subtitle that you can enable/disable.
I don't know about other makes of TV, but on my LG Smart TV if the video is on an external device (memory stick, portable hard drive) then, even if the subtitles are on a separate track, there is no way to turn them off during playback.

I watch quite a lot of videos this way, and if I don't want the subtitles, I have to delete the subtitle track first using something like MKVToolNix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa