DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flight display

dennyc39

Reactions
IAfter struggling through some 130 flights and a couple of very close calls, I finally got myself a decent device for the DJI GO 4 app.

When I bought the Mavic Pro I made a false economy by purchasing a "BLU" mobile phone for the flight display and app. It proved to be completely unsuitable, although it did run the app. When receiving even lowest-res video from the drone, some kind of internal process or buffer would overload and the BLU would choke, requiring up to 5 seconds or more to restore the broken-up display piece by piece as though it was a puzzle that had been dropped. Higher resolutions were unusable. All my flying has been visual, or via the map display, and even it had a lag.

When the drone got down below the horizon or a tree line, I would sometimes lose visual against the background clutter, even though I had a direct line-of-sight to the drone. Scary.

I now have an iPad mini 4, and sight has been restored. What an amazing difference to see the drone video in real time. I'm lucky I still have it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7