DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight in Austria

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Hey...

I'm in Austria at this moment for some skiing. I brought my (new) Mavic with me.
Did a small flight over the village and tomorrow I'll take it with me up the mountain. I've asked on the lift and they gave me the look from.... like we care.
So, tomorrow some snow and mountains. See if I can use Active Track as well...

Hey...

I'm in Austria at this moment for some skiing. I brought my (new) Mavic with me.
Did a small flight over the village and tomorrow I'll take it with me up the mountain. I've asked on the lift and they gave me the look from.... like we care.
So, tomorrow some snow and mountains. See if I can use Active Track as well...

I will be in Sankt Anton in February with my Mavic air. I am planning on taking some ski videos in a kind of not crowded piste. Maybe a tour over the ski resort. So you didn't face any problem during your trip?

Nope. No issues. Most important is to be safe and not acting like an idiot. However... I notified the lift staff and they where cool with it

Reactions: Defad
Nope. No issues. Most important is to be safe and not acting like an idiot. However... I notified the lift staff and they where cool with it

It is a good idea to notify the lift staff. I will choose a slope with few people and be as discreet as possible.

Why be discreet? They are doing nothing wrong.
Let the public learn that we are within our rights.
I’m a lover not a fighter. I don’t like an ignorant citizen though.

You are only within your rights if you are a full licensed pilot.
And I prefer to film and ski instead of waisting my time by explaining to ignorant people who complain for the sage of complaining

You are only within your rights if you are a full licensed pilot.
And I prefer to film and ski instead of waisting my time by explaining to ignorant people who complain for the sage of complaining

I couldn't agree more. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
What????? To ask for permit? Ouch!!! Here in Portugal it's free but you have to ask permission to the national authority.

regards,

P.

I live in Austria and I'm currently in the licensing process. They changed it a little bit - not the rules only the forms, so it doesn't take months to get the license. As you're not paying for the license itself but for the handling time it may have become a little bit cheaper. I'm not sure though because all websites say the € 330,-. I'll update you as soon as I get my bill.

The licensing itself isn't complicated. Fill out a form with name and address of the owner and pilot(s) add insurance confirmation (over 750.000 SZR; at the moment ~ € 1.000.000) and a photo identification of the owner/pilot(s).

For Mavics you don't need the license if you are only flying and not filming/taking pictures. The video signal during the flight is okay as long as you don't record it.

_____

If anyone of you is coming to Austria, contact me. If it's not too far away I'm always looking forward to meet people.

Greetings
Jürgen

I live in Austria and I'm currently in the licensing process. They changed it a little bit - not the rules only the forms, so it doesn't take months to get the license. As you're not paying for the license itself but for the handling time it may have become a little bit cheaper. I'm not sure though because all websites say the € 330,-. I'll update you as soon as I get my bill.

The licensing itself isn't complicated. Fill out a form with name and address of the owner and pilot(s) add insurance confirmation (over 750.000 SZR; at the moment ~ € 1.000.000) and a photo identification of the owner/pilot(s).

For Mavics you don't need the license if you are only flying and not filming/taking pictures. The video signal during the flight is okay as long as you don't record it.

_____

If anyone of you is coming to Austria, contact me. If it's not too far away I'm always looking forward to meet people.

Greetings
Jürgen

Guten morgen Jürgen.

Thank you for your message and for explaining the license process.

I will be in Sankt Anton on February 2nd with some friends for a week to ski. If you are in the area join us.

I will not go through the licensing process. Too complicated for a week of ski. I might take some ski shots in some area far from the center.

Take care.

Fadi

Reactions: Photo-Sorko
Unfortunately St. Anton is more than 5 hours away from me. But I hope you have perfect weather and get some good footage. If you share it, I'd be happy to take a look.

Greetings
Jürgen

I got my license today. It took five work days and the costs are €303,60 + € 79,92 (yearly) for the insurance. But my insurance is for €3.000.000 and three times of the necessary value.

Hello,

Where did you get your insurance from?

regards,

P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ