DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight log doesn't show last couple of flights+the crash

offtheback

Reactions
I looked at flight records from my Crystal Sky.Missimg last flight or 2.Is that where you get the data to determine cause of a crash or does the drone have the data?I tried plugging the drone USB C to my computer but nothing shows up.I'd like to know what happened before I send it in.Took off with warmish battery in 35degrees F full charge,and 1000 feet out gave a critically low battery warning and force landed.Landed on marsh grass but by the type I got guy with boat tide came in.Off to Care Refresh.

Last edited:
You can get the DAT logs exported from the AC using Assistant, but you won't be able to read them as only DJI can encrypt or decode them.

If the flight log entry seems missing from the list in the app, the TXT logs may have fragmented for the flight. PhantomHelp probably can still read them. Concatenating them may also work in having them show up in the list. Make backups of the files before trying though.

Probably from the app flight log. That happened to me when the app crashed and split the log for the flight. App flight log only showed I think the end of the flight, yet TXT files were there for beginning of flight as well.

Probably from the app flight log. That happened to me when the app crashed and split the log for the flight. App flight log only showed I think the end of the flight, yet TXT files were there for beginning of flight as well.
It's also the case that a .DAT log file produced by the Go App can be split into multiple .DATs. Those multiple .DATs can then be concatenated to create a single .DAT that. I suspect you're referring to the flight in this post
Drift to right, IMU calibration?
where there Go App produced 4 .DATs. Those were concatenated to produce this .DAT
FLY076.DAT

It's the TXT files that are used to populate the flight log UI though, not the DAT, and I believe OP is referring to the flight log UI.

You can get the DAT logs exported from the AC using Assistant, but you won't be able to read them as only DJI can encrypt or decode them.

If the flight log entry seems missing from the list in the app, the TXT logs may have fragmented for the flight. PhantomHelp probably can still read them. Concatenating them may also work in having them show up in the list. Make backups of the files before trying though.
Thanks and thanks for word of the day!concatenated

Both those links are valid and work just fine.
This is what I got.I managed to copy flight records off the Crystal Sky and got txt files
Both those links are valid and work just fine.
Here are the last 6 files I got.Top files are the latest. Thanks for your help.And a last photo before the incoming tide got it.Took 2 hours to find someone with a boat?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Attachments

• DJI .jpeg
    DJI .jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 7
Thank you.They were all charged a day+a half before the flight.3 batteries flown just before that one were fine.The battery in the crash had about 122 cycles and was manufactured 8/2018.Until a few months ago I was charging batteries fully right after a flight and now charge only to 60% or so.I noticed that the log said on several flights with different batteries that the level was 100% at takeoff then dropped to 84% and never went lower.Is that a bug in the file?

Last edited:
Had you charged the battery recently, or had it been sitting for some time after charging? The cell voltages, and cell 3 especially, collapsed after you switched to sport mode:

View attachment 85788

View attachment 85789
Do I assume correctly that because the drone+battery are out of factory warranty I will still need to use care refresh and pay the deductible of $120?

Someone reported they were able to get DJI to cover a swollen battery. He had to send a video showing the swelling, and on receipt of replacement, video of destruction of bad one by dunking in salt water.

Had you charged the battery recently, or had it been sitting for some time after charging? The cell voltages, and cell 3 especially, collapsed after you switched to sport mode:

View attachment 85788

View attachment 85789
Hi sar can you check my flight log DAT FILE
Because my mavic air 2 dropped while in mid air before it happened there was an error “lost GPS signal and then it crashed” here’s my dat file if you have spare time please check, thank you in advance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000