DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Log Notifications

kwilner

Reactions
I recently purchased an Air 2S with a Smart Controller. I also recently had a flight that did not go well. So I could understand what happened and why I started digging into the flight log and uploaded it into airdata.com.

I am trying to get a deeper understanding what information is displayed in the Notification column for each log record. I presume that is all dependent on the device and in this case the Air 2S. Much of it is self explanatory, but if there is an any documentation or a video that someone could point me to that looks at the messages in the notifications column for the Air 2S that would be much appreciated.

I am particularly interested in what is the list of valid modes and what each one means. In this case, I am most interested in the Go Home mode. Does the Go Home mode always mean that I pushed the Go Home button? How would I distinguish that from a situation where the Air 2S was going home for some other reason, e.g. low battery, lost of signal, etc.?

Thanks

How would I distinguish that from a situation where the Air 2S was going home for some other reason, e.g. low battery, lost of signal, etc.?
If RTH was because of low battery level, that would show in the recorded data, if it was due to loss of signal, there would be a gap in the data when signal was lost and when data resumes, the drone would be in RTH.

There's a lot more in the data than you'll see in a casual look at Airdata.
Post a link to your Airdata report and a description of what aspect of the flight concerns you.

If RTH was because of low battery level, that would show in the recorded data, if it was due to loss of signal, there would be a gap in the data when signal was lost and when data resumes, the drone would be in RTH.

There's a lot more in the data than you'll see in a casual look at Airdata.
Post a link to your Airdata report and a description of what aspect of the flight concerns you.
I am all set for now. That particular question was more of an academic question.

I knew I had pushed the RTH button. Based on your response I reconfirmed that I had plenty of battery, 60% when landing, and plenty of signal, 100% the whole flight, so clearly those were not issues.

The core of my issue was not properly checking by RTH altitude before my flight, and apparently it was the 1st time being out further than 50m, so when the drone starting automatically ascending I was a bit surprised.

Thanks for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3