DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight logs not working?

El Principio

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi,
My drone crashed on an island, and I need to get the last GPS coordinates, but I'm uploading the data log to Phantom Help and it's giving me nothing. The last flight file is attached. I'm clueless why it's not working, it worked for me before.

Edit: I was messing up by opening the file with Word on my phone before emailing it. Don't be like me. Don't open with Word.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-04_[13-08-50].txt
    498.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
which mavic is it?
My CsvView doesn't like your log file

It's a Mavic Mini. I am attaching the uncorrupted file. I spent 90 minutes hiking the island without finding it this evening, and I'm really bummed. I used the file to get the latitude and longitude to 8 decimal places, and hiked to the pin on that spot, but could not locate my Mini. Sad sad man.

I have some nice neighbors willing to look with me tomorrow or the next nice day. Any suggestions as to where the drone might be relative to the data is welcome.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-04_[13-08-50] (2)log.zip
    244.2 KB · Views: 5
It's a Mavic Mini. I am attaching the uncorrupted file. I spent 90 minutes hiking the island without finding it this evening, and I'm really bummed. I used the file to get the latitude and longitude to 8 decimal places, and hiked to the pin on that spot, but could not locate my Mini. Sad sad man.

I have some nice neighbors willing to look with me tomorrow or the next nice day. Any suggestions as to where the drone might be relative to the data is welcome.
Your flight data looks fine.
Here it is: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

And here's where the drone flew into the ground:
The GPS location for the point is: 44.49916 -63.87351
It shouldn't be too far from there ... maybe a little to the NW
i-4jMvkQ3-XL.jpg

Your flight data looks fine.
Here it is: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

And here's where the drone flew into the ground:
The GPS location for the point is: 44.49916 -63.87351
It shouldn't be too far from there ... maybe a little to the NW
i-4jMvkQ3-XL.jpg
Thanks for taking a look. That's where I was looking yesterday but no luck. After a good hard rain this morning, I am going to try to look again this afternoon. At least I can recover my SD card and make an insurance claim if I find it.
Wish me luck!
Anyone in Nova Scotia want to go on a treasure hunt on Privateer Island? Arrrrrrr!!

Thanks for taking a look. That's where I was looking yesterday but no luck. After a good hard rain this morning, I am going to try to look again this afternoon. At least I can recover my SD card and make an insurance claim if I find it.
Wish me luck!
Anyone in Nova Scotia want to go on a treasure hunt on Privateer Island? Arrrrrrr!!
The .txt shows the motors stopped which, in turn, terminated the .txt file. There is a small chance that the .DAT will have more GPS info recorded than what is available in the .txt. If you haven't synched with DJI the .DAT will be in the FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords folder with name ....FLY019.

The crash site looks wooded. Have you looked up to see if it's lodged in a tree?

Last edited:
The .txt shows the motors stopped which, in turn, terminated the .txt file. There is a small chance that the .DAT will have more GPS info recorded than what is available in the .txt. If you haven't synched with DJI the .DAT will be in the FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords folder with name ....FLY019.

The crash site looks wooded. Have you looked up to see if it's lodged in a tree?

Yes, I was scanning up and down as I searched. I didn't think Mini DAT encryption was open? Is that a thing now?

Yes, I was scanning up and down as I searched. I didn't think Mini DAT encryption was open? Is that a thing now?
The .DAT from the MM itself is encrypted. The .DAT in the mobile device's FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords folder is not encrypted.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thanks,

That is the final flight's DAT file.

Attachments

• 20-08-04-12-50-47_FLY019 (1).DAT
    9.6 MB · Views: 4
Thanks,

That is the final flight's DAT file.
Try here. 44.4991921, -63.8735171. Those were the last GPS coords which are not always the same as the coords computed by the FC. The height above MSL is 13.858 meters.

EDIT: Google Earth is showing the elevation to be 9.75 meters. If that's to be believed that means the MM is 4 meters AGL. Roll is 48° and pitch is 78° - maybe hung up on a branch pointing skywards.

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot and slup
HAHA! FOUND IT!!

Thanks BudWalker for a good steer, and with the aid of the video file on the cell phone for some visual cues, I found it in about 5 minutes of looking on my trip to the island today. It took longer to row back than to hike and find it lol.

Since it rained hard this morning, I have the drone without its battery, door open, resting camera down to hopefully drain any leftover moisture. It appears un-damaged externally.

Happy day!

Reactions: BudWalker
Don’t put it in rice, it is a myth that rice is any more a desiccant than flour. Rinse in rubbing alcohol and put into an airing cupboard for a couple of days. Don’t bother with the battery, get a new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll