DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight pattern tracking Air 2s

geogal

Reactions
I use my Air 2s for photogrammetry and creating 3d models. I understand there's currently no app that supports preset waypoints so I have to fly manually - which is annoying but OK.

However - is it a way I can see the flight pattern I am flying as I am flying it? I know this was possible in the Dji Go app or some other version.. But can't seem to spot it on the fly app. Anyone have any experience/ tips?

Yes, I'll try to grab some screenshots on my mission this afternoon - when I fly with my ipad or iphone the lower-left mini-map draws out my flight path on the map with I think a blue line - I'll do some more looking.

There is also some really good SRT data being saved for you (if you select that option) - playing back the video using VLC overlays that data on the screen for you.

A really good option for you at the moment is to beg/borrow/steal an Air2 or a friend's 2pro and fly your missions with Litchi as @geogal mentions, until the SDK drops.

Best of luck - there's a lot of us right there with you on this one.

Yes, I'll try to grab some screenshots on my mission this afternoon - when I fly with my ipad or iphone the lower-left mini-map draws out my flight path on the map with I think a blue line - I'll do some more looking.

There is also some really good SRT data being saved for you (if you select that option) - playing back the video using VLC overlays that data on the screen for you.

A really good option for you at the moment is to beg/borrow/steal an Air2 or a friend's 2pro and fly your missions with Litchi as @geogal mentions, until the SDK drops.

Best of luck - there's a lot of us right there with you on this one.
Thanks for this reply, if there's a way to visualize the pattern I'm flying live, that would be very helpful! I'm not taking video though, I'm shooting raw photos with a 85 degree angle at the ground to later construct 3d models. I need to fly reasonably straight lines with 80 % overlap in flight path and 60% at least laterally.

But if you find something useful later when you fly, let me know ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut