DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight permission request

Worth1

Reactions
Hi pops, just a quick one. After two week trip around Europe got home on the Saturday morning 11.00 am and went to bed. Was in bed around an hour when I was awoken by a enormous discharge of thunder, jumped up and looked out of the window. Nothing, beautiful blue sky and the birds singing. Dismissed it as a little dream shock and laid back down. Then my door bell went, this was the from across the road informing me that part of me chimney had jus fallen through the roof of my house. First thought was get the he'll out of there and the second was where is my Mac. Out in the street I decided to send the drone up to servey the damage. On went my controller and lift off. Almost immediately dropdown window appeared advising that I was near a restricted flight zone. Though I'm kin miles away from it, was I was asked to request permission to fly. (Just before you ask if know the new laws distance to roads and houses and the answer would be yes, but after seeing all the bricks and stuff that had got as far as the road, I thought need must so had to see the remainder was also on its way down.) I ticked the yes box to seek permission and was then posted a list of numbers. The dropdown box still on my screen, I dismissed it and moved on. I'm not asking the pros and cons of my actions, but only what am I supposed to do with the numbers texted to me?

My first flight with the M2P was in class E airspace. I had the popup box, you agree, put in a phone number for a # to be sent to you to unlock Lets Fly. I had to type the code in a box within the popup.

If you open up the DJI Go 4 app:
Click on ME icon (bottom far right)
Click on More....
Click on Geo Zone Unlocking Applications

This should show the information you used to open and fly in that spicific geo space.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser