DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Records Not Totally Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimcobra

Reactions
In my app the log of flights is there but the information above it is not updating. For instance my top altitude is showing -141 ft and the date is 4/6/2018. First how is that possible? Secondly why is that information not updating?

Screenshot_20190213-123710-1.jpg

Last edited:
In my app the log of flights is there but the information above it is not updating. For instance my top altitude is showing -141 ft and the date is 4/6/2018. First how is that possible? Secondly why is that information not updating?

View attachment 62864
are you touching the sync symbol in the right hand top of the screen and of course you need internet access

The sync just sends the flight logs to DJI so that you can restore it if needed. It doesn't update the top distance, speed. etc..

Top altitude shown is altitude at take-off location, not altitude above ground while flying. Climb up a mountain to take off and you'll see a change.

Those are "TOP" records. They will not update at every flight, unless you break THAT record.

As for the -141Feet on 4/6/18, were you flying in Death Valley that day, which would be the lowest elevation in the US?

I have only flown in Florida and we are basically at sea level. I will fess up to being a bad bay and flying up to 738 feet this week and synced my data after and still the top altitude is showing -141. Every time I have synced I get a window stating my flight recorded have been synced. So let me ask this, how do you restore your flight records? Maybe that would update it.

I have only flown in Florida and we are basically at sea level. I will fess up to being a bad bay and flying up to 738 feet this week and synced my data after and still the top altitude is showing -141. Every time I have synced I get a window stating my flight recorded have been synced. So let me ask this, how do you restore your flight records? Maybe that would update it.

Now I see your problem which I have not experienced. My distance record was broken the other day and my flight records now shows this fact. Sorry no idea how to restore but will try to find
out how. Possible get in touch with DJI Support or someone in this forum may be able to help. Hoping you get it sorted

Surely the TOP records are just that .. TOP RECORD and if there is a change the details are changed.

Isn’t that what I just wrote??

So I just ended a live chat with support and they were clueless. They now want firmware version, serial number, and something else I don't have with me. So I guess it will have to wait till after work.

There is a known bug with the top altitude display. Mine has frozen in the past even when I know I've flown higher.

Reactions: slimcobra
Hi, not sure if it’s going to work but I accidentally pushed my “clear all locally cached records” button and it wiped my display (I felt sick!).
I logged out and back in the the app and pushed the “sync all” tab. To my relief all of my records were shown again.
I wonder if doing that would “force” an update and show the missing records?

Hope that helps, take care. Peter

There is a known bug with the top altitude display. Mine has frozen in the past even when I know I've flown higher.
But you haven't launched from anywhere higher.
The Top Altitude does not show your flying height, it shows the highest takeoff location.

Yeah I tried that but thanks for the help.
Your app summary data will update without resetting, synching etc.
If you fly faster or further, it will just show up, the same as your total distance, flight time and number of flights does.
To get a higher Top Altitude, you need to fly from a higher launch point.

Reactions: old man mavic
Incorrect Meta4. Just to test that theory I went to a spot that has nothing around and flew up well over 400 feet just to see what the app would do and still the top altitude is showing a negative number. DJI said there was a problem but I have not had a chance to get with them again to look into it further.

Incorrect Meta4. Just to test that theory I went to a spot that has nothing around and flew up well over 400 feet just to see what the app would do and still the top altitude is showing a negative number. DJI said there was a problem but I have not had a chance to get with them again to look into it further.
Did you read post #18? What was incorrect?
Did the number of flights, total distance and time update?
Did you launch from somewhere substantially higher?

The reason your height is negative is because it's a GPS derived altitude (it doesn't come from the barometer that's giving your flight data.
GPS can give some inaccurate altitude readings that are particularly noticeable when you are close to sea level, like this:
i-MqRGc68-M.jpg

All my flight numbers increased except altitude. Altitude is the only top record not changing. I have only been on Florida with my Mavic and the lowest elevation I have been at is Marathon and the elevation there is 7 feet. I fear to say this because I'm sure the forum police will bash me but I took my Mavic up 1000 feet Sunday just to be sure there truly was a bug with it. So you tell me, if the elevation of where I flew 1000 feet was 26 feet, how is my top altitude still a negative number? I could understand it if I was out to sea when taking off but I was on dry land each time, and even if I did take off close to water the depth has never been more than a few feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest